Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Running an ITA BMW?

Well... we had an awefully good showing at NHIS in the Z3 considering. I'm really starting to better understand the car. We are too heavy or others are too light (Acura's) but I do feel more strongly that the car has potential to be a consistent top 10 car. We have admittedly done little in developing the car as we had some computer gremlins for most of the season. I might reconsider my stance on the Z3 if I were you. It is a fun car. I'm also amazed at how responsive it is to tire pressure changes....I think that's where I was most off in my race prep...I just simply had my pressures way too high. MW makes a very solid and very reliable car it is a good starting point.
    ps. Rookie season -about 12 races in and no DNF's. That says something about the car.
    Good Luck
    Rob
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Originally posted by Doc Bro@Sep 15 2005, 05:39 AM
    I might reconsider my stance on the Z3 if I were you. It is a fun car.

Good Luck
    Rob
    [snapback]60245[/snapback]
    Well Rob, I have been reconsidering the Z3 since last week. I was actually ready to purchase a very competitive spec Miata. It's a sister car to the one that won the Pro Miata West, and the driver finishes top ten consistently. He was also willing to offer driver coaching with the car. All told it would have been a sweet deal, but my wife put the kybosch on it, and it would have been a lot of money right now. So basicly the timing is off, I'll probably buy a doner in November-January and start the build then. I need to earn some capitol of my own to start this project. Then I'll use the car the first season for DE's and licsensing, finish off the year with a few races, and hopefully an enduro. I never had any pretense of going to Nationals or sticking out a whole series. I just want a race now and then, and an occasional DE. Thanks for encourging me, I hope we can share set up info, maybe actually make these little wonders competitive.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Best of luck james. I'll help with anything I can. Noam will to... he's a super guy. Let's collectively put these cars on the map! I was beginning to get discouraged BUT the major issue was me not necessarily the car. It's not easy to campaign a car if you've never done it before. Driving may be the easy part....it's relly kinda scary the amount of work and thought that goes into this hobby (read addiction)
    Rob
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion

I'm racing a 325es in ITA... anything i can tell you about the car let me know... i lost track of the thread i just read BMW and ITA... jejeje

Mike
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../Signature.jpg
    I'm too close for guns... switching to bitch-slap!!!

It would be cool to see a Z3 in ITA here on the west coast. If nothing else, you coudl race with me in midpack ITA

Who's SM were you going to buy? It was an off camber car?

Marcus
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Originally posted by MIKEGTR@Oct 8 2005, 06:27 PM
    I'm racing a 325es in ITA... anything i can tell you about the car let me know... i lost track of the thread i just read BMW and ITA... jejeje

Mike
    [snapback]62117[/snapback]
    Hey Mike,

Thanks for responding. I'll add you to my list:

Mike Storkson e-30 325es

Dave Uhyrek e-21

Richard Kuchman e-30

Mr. Dean e-30 325e

Noam Levine e-36 Z3

Rob Breault e-36 Z3

I started this list as I was looking for anyone who's racing a car with the M-44 engine. So far I've found my East Coast Z3 brothers

James

STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Originally posted by Marcus Miller@Oct 8 2005, 11:44 PM
    It would be cool to see a Z3 in ITA here on the west coast. If nothing else, you coudl race with me in midpack ITA

Who's SM were you going to buy? It was an off camber car?
    Marcus
    [snapback]62129[/snapback]

Hey Marcus,

I was all set to buy Peter Hsu's car, sister car to Justin Hall's winning car. Pete's been finishing top 10 all year long, so I know that his car is competitive with any other SM. Dave Mcanany invited me to come out after practice at the first SM challenge race at Infineon last month and that's when I met Peter and first learned about his car being for sale. In the end I've decided that the time frame for buying was just too soon for me, and besides I like the odd ball aspect of the Z3, although it can be a source of mental anguish too, like not being able to find .040 over pistons. In the end I'll gladly race mid pack, and trade door dings in the pits with you

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

seeing as how supposedly our car has been reclassed to ITA I guess we run our e30 318is in ita now...

midwest, haven't run with SCCA yet, just council
    #38 ITS BMW
    Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs
    Tim Schreyer

Bruce Mock in Denver has a 1992 or 93 318i in ITA
    cheers,
    (another) bruce

Originally posted by Z3_GoCar@Sep 14 2005, 09:42 PM
    Time to reanimate this thread

So I've had two people respond who race the 4 cylinder BMW's in ITA:

Rob Breault Z3 M44 in NER
    and
    Noam Levine Z3 M44 in NER

Anyone else? Anyone in the West?

James An engineer not noted for his spelling
    [snapback]60184[/snapback]

I'm trying to find anyone who has built an m44 or m42 for a production class....the guys who get the real HP if anyone knows anybody.

FWIW Korman has done an m44 for a rally guy in central America......I'm going to start there unless anyone has any suggestions.
    Rob
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion