I have a 89 KA24E. .040 over, IT built motor. The last couple of races have had the high RPM go lean and start to overheat. The problem does not start until about 4 or 5 laps of hard driving.

At LRP, when the problem started, I immediately pulled into the paddock and took a look at the car. I found oil leaking out from between the upper and lower intakes. I took it apart this week and found what I believe to be excessive oil in the lower intake (there are pools of oil in each runner). I found that the breather from the valve cover also had a lot of oil, so it appears that oil is being drawn into the intake from the breather.

Now, how much is too much? I plan on changing the breather line to go to an overflow and measure how much is coming out in a race, and see if this helps my problem (maybe too much oil getting into the intake?).

Just wondering if others have had this issue and can point to any other cause for oil in the intake (other than a blown motor - which really fills the intake with stuff).

Jeremy
:figo: