Marcus,

I feel the same as you - just don't want a 250 or especially, a 350 for daily duty. The Lightning is the first truck I've ever owned and using it daily works, but there are times it still fills big - and it is definitely a small truck compared to what is out there!

The new F150s got larger than the previous models - I can't even reach over into the beds in them. Granted I'm not tall, 5'8", but you'd have to be much >6' to pull this off and touch the bottom of the bed in these things.

When I was looking at trucks the new Nissan Titan always came to the top of my list for a truck as a daily driver. It isn't small, but the interior was very nice and you could have lots of "car like" features in the truck including navigation on the very nice sound systems. But, it isn't going to get fantastic gas mileage, especially as a 4wd, but I was happy with a 2wd truck as it doesn't snow much here and I don't drive off-road.

Having said all of that, even though I don't own "a truck" in the eyes of many of the macho-he-man-large-truck-having folks, I'll never own a different sort of vechicle for a daily driver. Just too damn useful. As long as they'll keep making fun and fast trucks I'll have one.

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning Tow Beast
RF GT40 Replica
Jensen-Healey ITS
1/2 a 260Z ITS