OK, I'm in a bit of a dilemna here and am hoping that the IT forum folks can help me.

Last year, towing to Road Atlanta for the ARRC, it became very evident that something needs to be done about my tow vehicle (currently 92 Ford E150). The way I see it, I have a few options:

1) Build engine in current tow vehicle to handle the loads in the hills. This would run approximately $3000 by the time all is said and done.

2) Replace current vehicle with a 3/4 pickup. Payments on this vehicle would be about $4000 per year.

3) Fix minor problems with tow vehicle and rent a truck for the long tows. There would be about $750 in repairs to the current vehicle necessary for this year.

My biggest stumbling point on buying a new (to me, anyway) truck is the fact that I'd maybe put 5000 miles a year on it. With gas prices going the way they are, I wouldn't want to drive it unless my daily driver was in need of repair. I just can't see the need to spend all that money for a new vehicle that would reduce my racing schedule (budgetary reasons) which is the reason I need the truck...

Any insight would be much appreciated. Any offers to tow my car and stuff to the 2005 ARRC while I just fly in would be met with extreme jubilation!!

------------------
Bill
Planet 6 Racing
bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com