Thread: Repair of Ford Diesel in ATL??

Default Repair of Ford Diesel in ATL??

Can anybody recommend a reliable, reasonably priced shop to provide regular service of my 1995 F-250 Diesel? I live downtown so any direction is OK.

TIA,
    Timo

Timo, I am in the same boat as you. I have a 2001 PSD Crew Cab that has been chipped, so staying away from a dealership is my best bet if I want to keep my warranty. If you do find out of a good place, please let me know. You can e-mail me at:

[email protected]

and I will do the same. Thanks.

------------------
    Tristan Smith
    Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56

Garmon Diesel Performance in McDonough was recommended by some people over at The Diesel Stop. They're in the phone book.

I'm over by Stone Mountain and that's too far for me to go. I'm going to try Tommy's Diesel Service in Norcross as the guy I spoke to actually seemed intelligent. A friend of a friend recommended Norcross Auto and Truck Repair.

FYI, www.thedieselstop.com is the best site I've found on the Internet for Ford diesels.

David

Well I found about the best place in town. I decided to do the work myself - replacing glow plugs. Near the end of the job I saw that the turbo was damaged - the impeller was mangled. With a race coming the next weekend, I had to find a place. I found a rebuilt turbo shop in McDonough and they recommended 85 Automotive in Riverdale. The owner, Aaron, is great and he worked with me to keep the price reasonable. The work was A-1, and on time. Highly recommended. They are on GA-85, about 5-6 miles south of I-285, I-75 on the south side of town. It's hard to find, so call Aaron for directions. Number is 770-473-9094.

I have used Norcross Truck and Auto before. They are Low-Tech. I had a problem last year that took them too long to figure out because they have no diag computers. It took a week to get back but they charged me a reasonable fee. I have had good luck with them in the past tho...

Thanks for the help!!!