Thread: Can a '01 Ford SuperCrew tow a 24' enclosed trailer?

Default Can a '01 Ford SuperCrew tow a 24' enclosed trailer?

Guys,
    I have a 2001 Ford SuperCrew 5.4 with the towing package rated at 7700 of towing capacity. I would like to have an enclosed trailer but not at the expense of buying a new truck. So, I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can shed some experiences.

I do have a friend that has towed a 24' enclosed from Daytona Florida to Atlanta and back and he said that on the way back it threw a service engine light and sucked twice as much gas on the way back than up.

------------------
    Richy Gonzalez
    GB Racing - #24 ITA CRX
    LAMIN-X Protective Films

Richy,

I wouldn't do it. If you could make do with a 20' x 102" enclosed, do it with a load equalizer hitch and sway control.

Unless a Featherlite is in your future I would not consider working that little motor that hard. What chassis is that a F150?

A 20' x 102" Interstate west weighs 3500 and change empty.

Quickshoe,
    I hear what you are saying. The reason I'm asking is because I might have an opportunity to pick up nice enclosed trailer. However, changing vehicles just to tow only 6 to 8 times max a year is not what I'm planning on doing. My truck in 4 years old and has less than 40k miles. So, going up another 30k to 40k on a new vehicle is not what I plan or want to do. Maybe in a couple of years but not right now.

------------------
    Richy Gonzalez
    GB Racing - #24 ITA CRX
    LAMIN-X Protective Films