I am in the process of setting up my tow vehicle/trialer combination.

It consists of: a 1995 Chevy Caprice Wagon w/the LT1 motor, 260hp/330ft. lb. of torque.

I am building my own single axle trailer, 10' long deck with a 2' beavertial for a totl of 12'. Just right for the CRX.

Total trailer weight with a set of tires and gas cans in the race car will be around 3000lbs.

This is well within the capacity of the wagon, and I have no doubt the wagon will tow it well.

My question is: Is more tonge weight better? I have adjustable Load distributing/sway bars that will allow me to RAISE the rear of the car, if I want. The figures I have read are 10% to 14%, or in my case, 300 to 420 pounds.

Should I aim for 400 pounds and adjust with the bars? I also have the option of airbags in the rear springs to adjust for the load, but I was planning on loading all my usual race weekend stuff in the back, compensating with the airbags, then hooking the trailer up and adjusting the bars to suit. The plan is to be at the same ride height after everything is loaded/hooked up.

I'm lucky, in that I can locate the axle of my trailer whereever I want it. However, once I set the tongue weight, I plan to weld the axle mounts to the trailer, and will have no further adjustability.

Any thoughts??