I was reading the thread on sway bars and the associated formulas used to calculate projected rates.

Since there are some engineers out there, is there a formula for towing? Looking at wheelbase of the tow vehicle versus length and height of the trailer. Taking into account spring rates of the tow vehicle and other variables. And including proper load distribution.

I was wondering about a more scientific way to discern how much vehicle you need for different trailers.

For example, one trailer place said a 20' enclosed is too much for an f150/1500 series truck. Another said its just right. Athird said with a load leveling hitch and anti sway a 24' could be pulled fine with the long wheelbase.

My Tahoe had hell pulling a 20' enclosed until I figured out a better load distribution and went to tires I could run 55 psi.

Just want to make a better decision this time without just heresay (although experience helps).

Looking at duallys and deisels and such and then enclosed trailers, I really don't want to have 3-4 times as much money in my tow setup as I have in my dang race car. Thats alot of tire money.

Tom