I don't agree this is "slamming" a vendor, but just discussing how business should be done for US, the customer.

I recently received in the mail some photos of me driving our ITA Miata (SM Miata, put it in A) at the VIR Grand course event in May.

The photos were normal photomat sizes and included a bill, which I was very suprised to see - this is the first time this has ever happened to me. Essentially, each photo would cost $2 apiece. I was told I owed $12 and should pay in 30 days.

I think this is completely unwarranted. I didn't ask for the photos, never saw the photographer at the paddock, and was never asked my phone/email/web/verbal request if I would pay for them if they were sent to me.

I sent them back, with a "NO THANK YOU" sticker and a brief explination for how I would prefer they do business with me. Next time they are sent to me, unsolicited, I will simply keep them.

There are right ways and wrong ways to do this sort of thing in the racing community. To me this is a wrong way.

Ron

------------------
Ron Earp
NC Region
Ford Lightning
RF GT40 Replica
White Jensen-Healey ITS
Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS
Email: "rlearp at gt40s.com"