Yep, it was a whole lot of fun. My first long enduro and hopefully not my last.

We were certainly not the fastest ITB car on the track and we knew it going in. Our plan centered around reliability, stints (1.5 to 1.75 hours) dictated by the fuel tank, and staying out of trouble (especially after dark). Well, the plan worked as we won the thing.

No mechanical issues, no contact, no brake pad changes... A truly flawless race that went 95% in line with Crew Chief Lee Grimes' plan. Our crew was awesome as well, with gassing and tire changes all going off without a hitch.

I am, however, still amazed at how many people completely forget they are in a 13 hour war of attrition as soon as the green flag drops. Man, people just immediately started driving like they were in an ARRC sprint race. Forcing themselves under people, donuting doors, and just plain wrecking each other while driving a balls-out sprint pace.
Not us. All of our drivers stuck to the plan, stayed out of trouble, and took care of the equipment.
I started the race and then finished it 10 hours later. I can't describe how amazed I was to find that the car felt exactly the same at 8:45pm as it did at 10:45am when I handed it over to Kirk.
Now THATS how you win an endurance race!!!

Big thumbs up to our drivers and crew. Winning something like this is no small feat and it was a total team effort.