Thread: Who's gonna try to beat us at VIR?

Default Who's gonna try to beat us at VIR?

I understand that Jeff Young is on a team that will be running a Spec Miata at the 13-hour VIR enduro in October.

Who else is going to be there? I understand from the registrar that they are up to 55(?) cars, with more inquiries coming in...

Kirk

www.it2.evaluand.com/gti

The Otto's MINI will be there. So will John Walsh in a SM. We're looking forward to it. JOE

I don't know, Joe...we may just drag the SSC car down there. Your Mini has been tough at the two 12 hours this year, and as our C car is going to turn into a pumpkin next year, we might just beat it mercilessly until the end of its usable life. The other John and I had this discussion last week, as we were unloading from the Nelson 12. Add some of the mid-Atlantic Neons to the mix and SSC could be almost as good a show as the SM's.

We finally have decent cornering lights (only took 6 years...), now we just need some good low-wattage flame throwers. $$$.

My SM has a problem buried deep in the wiring harness, and may just get sacrificed in our version of a Viking funeral if it doesn't run soon.

John, you have to bring the Nissan to VIR. We need another chance to "slay the dragon" er... the pumkin. Are you going to Nelson this weekend for the 2 hour?

------------------
    Gerry Walsh
    Otto's Motorsport
    SSC MINI Cooper
    " I'm pedaling as fast as I can! "

Jerry - I'll be at Nelson Ledges, with my pooched-out B car. Slow but steady. The other John is floating around somewhere off of Alaska now. You may have SSC to yourself.

Kirk,

Yeah, the rest of the Jeff Young crew include myself, Mark Whight (ITA), Robert Mitchell (IT7), and Ricky Thompson (IT7). There may be a fifth driver, Alyn Robson the co-founder of the MaX-5 Racing series in the UK. We will be running a Spec Miata that is currently about 80% built.

55 cars? Wow, it's filling up. Looks like pit space may be an issue.....

BTW - how did the CCPS race go for you on Sat?? Nice to see the car cornering flatter around the turns!

Cheers, Mark

There's an update from the Saturday race at www.it2.evaluand.com/gti under the Events link. It has to be called a success...

K