Thread: 25 hours of Thunderhill

Default 25 hours of Thunderhill

Hi guys,

NASA just had a press release that announced a 25 hour race at Thunderhill Dec 6-7. They are also running the 12 hour race durring the 25 hour. So who's up for 25 hours?

Eric

Eric, I can hardly wait to compete in the longest race in the US! I'm assembling my team, deciding on which car I'll be running. I'd like to run a VW, but not optimistic that the hubs and bearings can last 25 hours. Perhaps I'll have to schedule a front end rebuild in the middle of the race.

#37 ITB Capri

I'm pretty stoked about this, as I bought my 510 pretty much with enduros in mind. Also, I live just an hour and a half drive from TH, have a motorhome, trailer, spare engine, etc.

I'm planning to do the 6-hour July enduro at Buttonwillow as a warm-up. This will test all our systems. I have the lights working, horn ( ), wipers and heater/defroster going, am adding adjustable seat rails and thinking about a diff cooler (anybody got any thoughts on the diff cooler?). I do need some more spare wheels, though.

Anybody know if NASA accepts an SCCA license for drivers?

------------------
    Stan
    1972 Datsun 510 ITC
    1995 Ralt RT-41 FA
    RPS Motorsports

I have an SCCA comp license and I was able to get my N.A.S.A. license. I read the N.A.S.A. CCR and could not find a section that outright stated that any SCCA member could show up and race with current SCCA comp license. I gathered my latest SCCA comp forms and called N.A.S.A. and asked for all of the details on obtaining a license from them. It was bascially an adminstrative exercise. I did not have to do any HPDEs or go through their program to be certified.

------------------
    http://www.ita.hondapowered.com

Thanks Greg. I just searched their rules and found it in section 14.1 (p.62 at http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules-forms/r...s_2003_CCR.pdf)

Basically, they'll issue a NASA comp license based on your SCCA license.

Thanks again!

Good luck in the enduros. BTW, do you know what the entri fees are for the 12 hour and the 25 hour? I am just curious.

NASA's 2002 rules list the 12-hour's entry fee as $350 for the car and two drivers. Add'l drivers are $100 each. The 2003 Event Entry Form lists the Enduro Entry Fee as $150 for the car and $100 for each driver (same basic deal). However, I can't find anything specific for the 25-hour race, though I wouldn't be surprised if it costs somewhat more. Hope not, though!

The Nor-Cal site has it listed at $995 per car upto 4 drivers. Additional $ for more drivers

Entry packets are now available. They will be sent automatically to any team that has raced before with NASA, OR contact the NorCal office. You can email [email protected] for more info.

E

70+ cars are already signed up and I hear more are coming. You guys ready for 25 hours?

E3 German-Sport.com VW GTI