Thread: Mustang SN95 V6 in ITS

Default Mustang SN95 V6 in ITS

Has anyone campaigned one of these? Ever considered it?

I'm thinking this could be a cheap car that has lots of parts available for it. Any comments, thoughts?

------------------
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    IT7 #17

Requested it be classified, have the car in the driveway, wife still drives it daily. One word.... weight. 3100 lbs. minimum with 145Hp stock. Even with a 20% increase you are still at a disadvantage to the competition, and the suspension is no better than my ITB #93.... So, as much as I'd like to say go and build it, I have to say either build an A/S car, or build a fox in ITB if you want to stay small bore.

------------------
    -Marcello Canitano
    www.SilverHorseRacing.com

Thanks for the response. Yep the weight is a problem. Despite that the car seemed to stack up well with an ITS 200SX V6 that kicks A and takes names in MiDiv. At least on paper anyway.

I rented a 2002 V6 Mustang for a Solo II school and was impressed with the power. All that it needed was a diff and a traction aid to be really good. Maybe that experience is cloudung my judgement.

------------------
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    IT7 #17

Ah, but the 1999-2004 models have 190hp from the factory. The 1994-1998 only have 145. If you rented a 2002 model, you had 45 more ponies to play with than the one that is listed for ITS.