Thread: What to do with your PINTO racer

Dick Elliott Guest

Default What to do with your PINTO racer

Go to www.scta-bni.org Then World final 2004 pictures / Then OCT 12 - page 3 / Look at the second picture top left. 135.7 MPH on the flats.

Hey Dick, cool Pinto! Here is the direct link to the picture you refer too.
    http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/World%2..._3/IM007809.JPG

What did they use to pull it that fast with the yellow strap?

Just kidding!

Joe Craven

Dick Elliott Guest

Hey JOE!
    Think about that little car. 135.7 mph at 4000+ feet, on salt, and on gas too. Head must be the orginal type, so no twin cams there. Carbs are free along with inside goodies in the engine. And he's a Calif boy too. I've seen the car in some LA postings before. Check him out, or become a salt racer. Looks like fun in the sun too. DICK

Cool notice the 5 lug wheels, must have a 8 or 9 incher in there nice centerlines too! Thanks Glenn

Dick Elliott Guest

GLENN!
    Have you gone out and bought 15" wheels yet? I think I'm going to stay with the 13" till my tire supply (spec fords) drys up. 15" wheels S/B heavyer, don't know about the tires. 15" should let the brakes run cooler, buts thats never been a problem as I'm always driveing in a vacuum anyway. Did you fix the distributor drive? I told you not to use 90 weight oil in that old motor. DICK

DICK Heck I thought u said 120 wt gear oil!
    No not a chance to work on it we were on vacation then Halloween is really busy at my houe (500 or so kids trick or treeting)
    I will get to work on it in the next week or two Glenn