Thread: too loud..........!!!

Default too loud..........!!!

Hi gang we were on the boarder of being to loud at Willow Springs this past weekend 101-102 db we are running the 2.3l (as most of you know) with a Hooker super comp hedder 2.5" pipe all the way to the back bumper any ideas thanks Glenn

Some of the Production guys swear by the Flowmaster single chamber race muffler. The claim is that dyno testing shows no power loss. Never used one myself, though.

Look into lobak, I use one on my 2.3 and my sound levels are around 92db

Barry Streets

I've had good luck with Flowmaster, but we've also used this low-cost alternative:

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/s...intechindex.asp

No packing, negligable backpressure.

Dick Elliott Guest

Glenn!
    I run my pipe back to just in front of the rear end, and then point it toward the ground. Never is it too loud. Barrys right about the "lobak" mufflers. They'll out last the car and 1/2 the cost of the suitcase mufflers.And their made in CALIF. Put it back at the bumper. Use a 31/2" or 4"ID model and expand your tail pipe to fit. No back pressure and no noise. Try it / you'll like it. DICK

Thanks guys I will look into it soon! Sorry I did not have better news to report about the races. But we are looking forwards to next year!! Glenn

Thats to bad!, it reminds me of a time my Dad was running at Sebring in a production car and he was over the level, so we mounted this home made (took 40 mins) job. Stuck some metal on there pointed it to the ground and away from were the sound check is, and it worked fine, then I remember it got ripped off or something on the way home, but it did its job well.

cya