Originally posted by trueblue:
I agree with you. My only thought process was that the rear shocks are factory (new) and they do not dampen well. The car is soft in the back and makes it loose in the rear.

A car that is soft in the rear would be tight, as in it would tend to understeer, not oversteer.

I kind of like it but I may benefit from a stiffer set up. I would be willing to bet that no one else is running with factory shocks.

You would be surprised what's actually under the #93, and the #88

The bump stop would work but I would not want the upset. What driveshafts are you running? Mine is aluminum. A steel shaft would have a smaller diameter.
You've still got other issues. If the rear is going that high, I would bet that in addition to bottoming the rear axle housing, it is also rotating the pinion upward somehow, that's about how far it would have to go to smack the tunnel.

Looking at this differently though, are you running any lateral location device (ie Panhard, watts link, etc?) If not, you may be experiencing side to side play that is showing up in the tunnel. What's the condition and material of the bushings in the rear control arms? Is the mark centered on the tunnel, or off to the 11-1:00 positions? Your original post mentioned hitting bumps. Is this in a straight line, or in a corner?

------------------
-Marcello Canitano
www.SilverHorseRacing.com