Quote:

quote:Originally posted by grjones1:
[quote] [b] The heads use the same valve and port sizes as those miserable "federal" heads, there just not prone to porosity cracks. No competitive advantage other than being able to finish a race without blowing a head gasket.

Oh yea........you convinced me. Your absolutely sure theres's no differences in the original Fiesta head and the Formula Ford head sold by Ford other than the above mentioned cracks and there's absolutely no advantages due to port location. Their also all using 1.41 intake valves and 1.239 exhaust valves. We'll take a real close look later. One rule of racing is to know as much about your competitors car as your own car.
Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited September 11, 2003).]

I am in the MWD and I also race an ITC Fiesta. I had my motor dome by Charlie Williams (THE 1600 Ford Guru). He does a ton of rebuilds for all the Formula Ford guys each year; literally dozens of engines. I had a FF head that I ran across years ago & I took it to Charlie when he began work on my motor. I did this for the reason grjones1 mentioned. I had a crack in mine.

I looked in the tech manual; specs are the same. I watched the MIC being put on the valves; EXACT SAME SIZE. If Charlie tells me that they are the same; I would be hard pressed to disagree with him. He could be wrong, I guess 30 years in the Ford 1600 building business may not be enough experience in these matters (NOT!!!!!!)

I ended up using another STOCK Fiesta head, BTW, and I know 95% of the Fiesta's who run in MWD, and none of them I have seen are using a FF head. Not that it would make a difference anyway.

I have been blessed with a very good season so far. I have won 9 of the 10 events I have entered, and pulled off several double P1 weekends.

I just think that there are not that many NON-FIESTA ITC cars that are running around here. You may see a 510 now and then, a few Fiats, but most of ITC are Fiestas in the MWD

Harry: Do you race in ITC? A Fiesta?

Just curious.

------------------
JJ
#62 ITC