Originally posted by Harry:

Oh yea........you convinced me. Your absolutely sure theres's no differences in the original Fiesta head and the Formula Ford head sold by Ford other than the above mentioned cracks and there's absolutely no advantages due to port location. Their also all using 1.41 intake valves and 1.239 exhaust valves. We'll take a real close look later. One rule of racing is to know as much about your competitors car as your own car.
Harry

[This message has been edited by Harry (edited September 11, 2003).]
Harry,
I didn't mean to upset you, but there are nuances that need be discussed. First, if the Formula Ford head uses bigger valves (and I don't think it does, I think you are confusing the FF head with the "big-valve" head BAT sells) then one can install new valve seats that will accept standard-sized valves. As far as port configuration, you'll have to compare the two, I don't have one to compare it to. Another point for anyone using the FF head is that if parts are no longer being manufactured (and I don't beleive Ford still manufactures the "federal head") then alternative parts are being allowed. I think that's how VW people get away with the G-grind. My car outruns much of the competition due to close attention to legal mods, taking advantage of the Fiesta power-to-weight (e.g., we have a chrome-moly cage),and legal suspension mods. If you want to go witch hunting, I suggest you tear down a few VW transmissions, I'm pretty sure they are using everything from diesel truck gearing to GTI gear boxes. By the way, I welcome protests. I love to see my competitors wasting money they could have spent making their own cars faster or using practice days to improve their driving.
Regards,
G. Robert Jones

------------------