Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ARRC 2005

If anyone tries to argue that this race isn't "championship level" argue it AFTER going to one of the events (even as a spectator). First off thier are as many tractor trailers at this event to make anyone go home and dream of better things. Also the cars competing are as good as you can get, with some of the best drivers you can get. Look at past results, you will notice a few big names, and a ton of close races that I think would challenge/beat any IT driver from any class.

Raymond Blethen
    www.rstperformance.com

There are quite a few folks that come to the ARRC more to eat from that black kettle than to watch the races.

A friend of mine that is quite a competent trackside cook (he fired up the grill and fed our VIR 13 hour team last year) was absolutely humbled last year by what was coming out of that kettle.

Scott, whos ARRC paddock spot is no accident

I got 3 words for you:

Deermeat Sauce Piquant

Raymond, I have been to the ARRC as a spectator about six years ago. I was not impressed with the total quality of the fields and the atmosphere of the event. Maybe that has changed in the recent years. I would also agree that it is bigger than most or any Regional event. However it brings up the point again, this is not a National Championship. Do not get me wrong, it is a great event to win, I just do not think we should be going around calling someone the National Champ. I think they should be called the ARRC Champ. Raymond I think you can equate it to the June Sprints. It is the biggest National of the year and has a championship quality to it and is very contested, but it is one national and awarded the same points as any other.

Let's get an opinion pool going....which track would you like to see (centrally I assume) host a "national champ" race ?? My vote is for topeka

I don't really care what track it is, if there was a centrally located, "recognized" National Championship for IT, I would be there.

If this were to happen in 2006, I think it would be pretty darn cool! I think there would need to be at least a year's notice, so that people could plan it into their racing schedules/budgets.

That said, I already treat the ARRC as a National Championship, because it is as close to one as we have!

Bowie

Originally posted by Bill Miller:
    He should drive a red 'X'???

Apparently I am incapable of getting a picture of the UOP Shadow to work. Oh well...

Wait, let me try again

------------------
    Jennifer Rudder
    PFM Racing
    http://www.pfmracing.com

[This message has been edited by PFM Racing (edited May 23, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by PFM Racing (edited May 23, 2005).]

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">Raymond I think you can equate it to the June Sprints. It is the biggest National of the year and has a championship quality to it and is very contested, but it is one national and awarded the same points as any other.</font>

That's the best analogy I've heard yet.

------------------
    MARRS #25 ITB Rabbit GTI (sold) | MARRS #25 HProd Rabbit
    SCCA 279608

The June sprints are not the biggest National of the year... This year as in every year past it will be the SCCA National Runoffs.

The only difference I see is that you need to qualify to get into the National Runoffs, but in reality... what class do you really need to qualify to get into??? Its not that hard, if you want to go you can pritty much go.

Raymond

Raymond, the Runoffs is a recognized event to award a National Champion, so it is not just another national race. The June Sprints are. The June Sprints hold no more value in qualifying for the Runoffs than a poorly attend National else were in the country. No matter what is said, there is still atleast a qualifing format in order to attend. I agree that some or most classes it is easy to do, and some are harder to do. That does not change the fact that there are "qualifing" factors in order to get an "invitation". To my knowledge this is the only SCCA club raing event that does this. I would have no problem if the SCCA acknowledge the ARRC as a Regional National Champion. I think they should, the SCCA has a history with Road Atlanta and is as good a place as any or better than most. The SCCA will not however, because the do not want regional classes to go for a national championships. So it come back to the fact that the ARRC has no claim for a National Championship, (at this time).

As i have said i think mid ohio would be a nice place since the national guys are done with it....

------------------
    Evan Darling
    ITA Integra

Ok, one vote for mid-ohio and one for topeka....anyone else???

I'll agree with that. The SCCA dumped Road Atlanta and IT in the same year as national championship events. Now the Runoffs have been moved from a world class facility to a Kansas cornfield. As much as I love the Atlanta track, if they called the race at Mid Ohio a national championship, I'd go back to race there. Of course, I probably wouldn't be competitive, but then neither are a bunch of the racers that enter the Runoffs...even though they "qualified".

------------------
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Road Atlanta is perfect how it is... The region does a wonderful job putting on the event, so I see no need to change it, although I am sure that NER could do the best job , it is to bad our tracks are so small and our track times are very limited.

:-P

Raymond

being biased I would love it a Mid-Ohio. great facility and a fun track.

I love road atlanta...they put on a top notch show and its a beautiful track, but i think ohio is more central and may attract more west coast people as well as cen div and northeast...

------------------
    Evan Darling
    ITA Integra

In November? :-)

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    ITS Honda Prelude

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    Road Atlanta is perfect how it is... The region does a wonderful job putting on the event, so I see no need to change it, although I am sure that NER could do the best job , it is to bad our tracks are so small and our track times are very limited.

:-P

Raymond
    Not to mention that they'd probably want a $500 entry fee at LRP!!!

------------------
    SCCA 279608

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    The June sprints are not the biggest National of the year... This year as in every year past it will be the SCCA National Runoffs.

The only difference I see is that you need to qualify to get into the National Runoffs, but in reality... what class do you really need to qualify to get into??? Its not that hard, if you want to go you can pritty much go.

Raymond

Come on Raymond, now you're just being silly. And you really need to qualify in all of the classes (4 starts, 3 finishes). Wait until next year, and see how many SM folks don't get to go!

BTW, you can race the ARRC on a novice book!

------------------
    SCCA 279608

Originally posted by Bill Miller:

BTW, you can race the ARRC on a novice book!

No. You can't.