Some thoughts-

The Runoffs.....I'll stop short of saying something sound bite worhty, but they are a FAR cry from what they were, and what they could be. Honestly, if National was smart, and wanted to restore some interest and good racing (which they desperately need as the poor TV guys do the best they can with not much in certain classes), they would invite IT. SM will be there soon enough, and that will help the show.

The ARRCs. On one hand it's the defacto championship, but the region turnout is very strong. I applaud the region for taking the event seriously and doing partial teardowns, but remember guys, they are only partial, and lots of stuff could be slipping thriugh the net.

I see the point about certain guys who just never show up, and it is comical...like people don't wonder after a while. And I have also seen guys who blaze down the straights locally, but then barely keep up when they go to the ARRCs! Hmmmmmm....wonder why?

One word: Teardown.
So, it makes a big difference.

That said, no californian is going to drive all the way ....it just isn't the championship.

If it was by invitation only, I am afraid you would see less, not more entries. (And guys like me would never make it...we don't have IT7, so I wouldn't qualify)

I think Darin needs to spearhead an effort out west to something similar, and someone in the midwest to do the East vs West IT Championships. Invite the top dogs from both coasts, and then allow the remaining slots to be filled on a first come first served basis. In a perfect world, it could be fun....
But....the only problem with a three race format is who's gonna tow from Nova Scotia to Atlanta, back home, THEN turn around and go to Kansas!

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]