Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos

Kevin, I have a few pics of you coming out of the "s"'s if you'd like my amatuerish shots.
    Scott, so far I have a great fuzzy shot of the back half of yours, but I have about 150 more to go through.
    I tried to get as many of the "forum" cars as I could, so if any one else would care for some, just let me know and I'll email what I have.
    David

sweeeeeeet...

kevin @ ruckracing.com

no spaces of course, blah, blah

Thanks in advance!

Just a few. I have more but couldn't ID all the drivers.

Notes:
    - Just a pocket digital snapshot camera, so the zoomed shots are fuzzy.
    - Pit shots are large, about 1MB.

http://www.isaacdirect.com/html/OtherPages...4/ARRC2004.html

Gregg

The explanation, video, and pictures will be up soon of my experience. Please be patient, there's a lot of stuff to cover!

I'll let you all know when it is up. Trust me, it will be worth the wait!

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Originally posted by planet6racing:
    Trust me, it will be worth the wait!
    Heh, heh. This ought to be good.

G

Originally posted by gsbaker:
    Heh, heh. This ought to be good.

G

Oh yeah!

BTW, I've added 6 new photos to my page.

Bill, sorry I don't have any of you there. All the photos I have of you turned out to be fuzzy.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

Hey gang
    Well I was driving the red 72 SM. Bad day.

Catch22 or 21 for the weekend
    Sorry for getting into you. I did not intend to but I did and I am sorry for it. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the red/blue 71 miata sideways though your windshield. I had already turned in to be on your inside at track out. It happened real fast. I am yet to see my in car video and I don’t know if I want to.

Ony
    I hope Stanley Mitchem driver of the 71 car is okay. I did what I could but we hit very hard. I have talked to Stanley a few times in the past so I hope there is no hostility between us now.

George Roffe
    “Nice young man.” Ha. I doubt Scott or Stanley feel I am nice.
    I am however Grateful!! Thank you very much for the ride. That comes also from my crew (sister in law) who was worried (no radio). My dad and brothers would have preferred to make me walk after hurting the car like that.
    If you’re twice as old as me should I call you Mr. Roffe? What are you early forties late thirties? Not twice.
    I would like to see the other photo. Hopefully it doesn’t make me look like the idiot I feel like.
    Good luck George in building the 944 and I hope your friend lets you take his prod car for a ride now and then. Shame it’s not going to race in ITA next year.

Ben Robertson

The family cars (I have only raced the slow ones)
    SM #27 1.6
    ITS 944 sold (1994 ARRC enduro winner)
    ITB 320i dead and sold
    ITB Suzuki Swift dead and sold
    ITS e36 (2003 ARRC enduro winner)

"“Nice young man.” Ha. I doubt Scott or Stanley feel I am nice."

Don't worry about it. Thats just how things go in racing. The #71 car made a mistake in heavy traffic... And there you have it. Nobody's "fault" when its all said and done. Amazingly enough I was in the middle and managed to come out of it relatively unscathed. I'm not sure if its luck or the fact that I saw it coming and took early evasive action, but I'll take it. That could have easily tangled up all 3 of us.

The only thing I'll say is that I was disappointed that some people (not anybody in particular... a bunch of anybodies) were racing so hard in the first few laps of a 3 hour race with almost 70 cars on the grid. Thats a recipe for a bunch of bent metal, which is what we got.
    Alot of folks out there need to calm down a bit.

Originally posted by Catch22:
    The only thing I'll say is that I was disappointed that some people (not anybody in particular... a bunch of anybodies) were racing so hard in the first few laps of a 3 hour race with almost 70 cars on the grid. Thats a recipe for a bunch of bent metal, which is what we got.
    Alot of folks out there need to calm down a bit.
    Actually, it was better than I expected. In at least one past ARRC Enduro with the 'entire' field, the green was thrown from basically pit-out. That seemed to help keep everyone from charging down the hill and crashing on the front straight.

Anyone else remember the year that the yellow BMW did an end-o roll down the front straight on the start? There have been some very bad crashes on enduro starts because of very bad errors in judgement.

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that stuff. And I agree that the start went better than I expected. But there were still way too many low percentage passes and "forcing your way through" in the first 5 to 10 laps of this years race. After that things seemed to spread out and settle down a bit (for the most part).

Originally posted by Super Swift:
    George Roffe
    “Nice young man.” Ha. I doubt Scott or Stanley feel I am nice.
    If they harbor ill feelings, they shouldn't be racing. It's not like you were doing something stupid or beating on them before hand. Things happen in racing. You just accept it.

I am however Grateful!! Thank you very much for the ride. That comes also from my crew (sister in law) who was worried (no radio). My dad and brothers would have preferred to make me walk after hurting the car like that.
    Hehe. The ride was my pleasure. Didn't seem right to make you sit there for 3 hours, especially when I was changing positions to view from anyway. I'm especially glad since you didn't have a radio. It's awful to have to wait for word when your car doesn't come around.

If you’re twice as old as me should I call you Mr. Roffe?
    You'd better not.

What are you early forties late thirties?
    I'll be 44 on the 21st. Coincidentally, I'm running my first half marathon that day. PARTY! Also running my first marathon in January.

I would like to see the other photo.
    Your wish is my command.

Good luck George in building the 944 and I hope your friend lets you take his prod car for a ride now and then. Shame it’s not going to race in ITA next year.
    Thanks Ben. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Yeah, I wish my buddy wasn't having his car converted. We'd have fun in ITA. That said, my other business partner is in the process of building his ITA SE-R. It's slow going though. I have a feeling I'll have to do a fair amount of work on it. That's OK though since he's crewed for me at every event I've gone to. I owe him bigtime. We'll have to goodies on the car next year from NISsport.

As for my 944, the weather has finally cooled off in Texas and I'm already back to work on it. Hope to begin paint prep pretty soon.

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX

Oh, and as long as I'm posting photos here, here's an OT one for Lesley. My golden boy in one of the funnier moments....

------------------
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX

I checked out the Isaac site, and was happy to see my car was NOT pictured with a broomstick being administered! However, I do have one observation:

It looks like Bill blew the budget on the umbrella girl, and ran out of money for a steering wheel!

Call me crazy, but I THINK most of the fast ITA guys use one. Better budget for it next year!

Bill, anything to add???

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Nice pic of my ugly mug on grid there Gregg!

Hmm, so fast ITA guys have umbrella girls, huh? So maybe THAT's where those extra two seconds are hiding!

Actually, no, it's the slow guys that have the umbrella girls. I need something to distract the faster people!!!

As far as the steering wheel goes, you'll all get to read about it shortly...

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Good meeting you Bill, come on down next year!

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
    Running from beatings, deflating.
    I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
    Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.

Our Umbrella girls, only without the umbrellas...

Anyway... 216 pictures for your viewing pleasure are now up on our website... they are thumbnails so you can click the ones you want to see closer (to make them larger).

Here is a link to the correct page so you don't have to search them out

www.rstperformance.com/pictures/rstpictures2004season/ARRC2004/ARRC2004.htm

Be warned all 216 pictures are on one page, so if you have dial up you might want to click the link before lunch and come back to see them when you are done munching on the secret go-fast racing food...

From the RST Performance Racing gang

Hey Ray, how about a few shots of your girls at Paddy's?

G

Ony
    I hope Stanley Mitchem driver of the 71 car is okay. I did what I could but we hit very hard. I have talked to Stanley a few times in the past so I hope there is no hostility between us now.
    Ben..

No hard feelings AT ALL. I'm sorry that I made such a rookie mistake so early in the race. We were able to continue, but it kills me that I ended your race. I'm so sorry.

I know that we spoke on the phone earlier this year, but what a way to "meet."

BTW, do you still need that diff?

G-

It is probably good that we didn't have the camera... or maybe we should have, I am sure it would have generated some interesting shots... more interesting shots than the ones we were downing

Hope it was entertaining!!! next year we will remember the camera at the drinking opps I mean social gatherings

Raymond