Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Entry List?

Originally posted by bldn10:

The info on ARRC-online says that the enduro will be the top 65 qualifiers w/ classes pro-rated per no. of entries. pack for the last spot in the enduro.
    Here is a quote from what is online:

3. The Enduro is open to all ITS, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITT, IT7, Spec 7, & Spec Miata (SM). This event will be limited to the first sixty-five entries received A limited number of stand-by entries may be accepted.

Sounds to me like the first 65 can race, standby's can fill in if someone doesn't make it.

Originally posted by R2 Racing:
    Do you think an ITA car should be able to go through turn 12 flat out?
    All classes of cars generally go through 12 flat out. It is when you lift that you can get in trouble. As Alan pointed out, this corner is not near as scary as it used to be when the "dip" was part of the track. Spend some time thinking about turns 1 and 5 too. These corners will affect your lap time more than 12.

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    ITS Honda Prelude

"8. Qualifying & Grid: Qualifying positions for the ARRC Races and the enduros will be determined by the fastest time for each driver from all qualifying sessions. The top 65 qualifiers will start the ARRC & enduro races. For groups with more than one class, the number of starters will be directly proportional to the number of cars in each class. Qualifying times will be posted at the base of the tower."

Someone needs to get their you know what together. Bob, this is serious - help!

------------------
    Bill Denton
    87/89 ITS RX-7
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Driving with a cool head is particularly rewarding around Road Atlanta. It’s very easy to end a weekend too soon if not careful, but once you’ll be comfortable around this track you will absolutely love it. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Look for a yellow/blue integra. (Regarding your question, yes as Bob said an IT car should have the potential to go flat through T12.)

------------------
    Alex
    #90 ITA

[This message has been edited by Hracer (edited November 01, 2004).]

Well, I'm sure it'll take some building up to go through turn 12 flat. Good to know it's possible though. Is turn 5 the left hander after the esses section? If so, than yea, 1 and 5 look to be very important turns at the previous ARRC's I spectated at. Road Atlanta to me almost looks like a cross between Mid Ohio and Road America - two of my favorites so I'm sure I'll love it.

Alex - I'm looking forard to meeting you too. It'll be nice to see some other Integra's that've been around a while and talk to fellow Integra racers. Hopefully I can get an idea of what mine might need and how it's coming along. CenDiv only has two ITA Integra's running; mine in its first year and the other with two years on it.

Kevin
    RuckRacing ITA Integra (#73 this weekend)

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">...Back before they redid the track...</font>
    Ah, the old days! Out of curiousity, I went into the closet and dug out some old tapes. I created a comparison of the current Turn 7 through the bridge to the track as it was in 1991 (complete with the Runoffs-only chicane!) As much as I was expecting the worst when I went to the ARRC last year, and while I do miss the whooop-de-doo! going through the bridge back then, I think truly do like the new configuration more.

(Link deleted...)

GregA

[This message has been edited by GregAmy (edited November 10, 2004).]

...But yea, with the 4 you listed, I guess I'll be gunning for 5th.
    Make that 6th
    Ray
    ITA Integra

It'll be nice to see some other Integra's that've been around a while and talk to fellow Integra racers... CenDiv only has two ITA Integra's running; mine in its first year and the other with two years on it.
    Our Integra is quite young. It also hatched earlier this year! The ARRC will be my first SCCA race with it. So after this weekend we will know just how much faster we will need to make it as well as the driver for next time. I've been used to driving around those little CRXs, so it will be especially fun to see how things look like from the "other" side. See you there man.

------------------
    Alex
    #90 ITA

So are we considered "the dark side of ITA"?

Corner weighted the car today and checked all toe and camber settings. I think she's ready to go. ETA - 34.5 hours.

Greg,

Great clip. As I watched the "dip" version I thought, "Hey, he uses the pit road too". "Hey!, he uses alot more of pit road than I ever did". "Hey!, oh, he pitted".

Tom

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">\"...oh, he pitted\".</font>

Yeah, that was the only easily-accessible clip I had where I wasn't tucked under someone's butt...!

I remember how we used to use a *lot* of that pit lane on the exit from under the bridge (sideays, some times). And SCCA hated it, even trying to penalize folks for doing it. Then, they put in those raised gator teeth to try and stop it and that didn't work, so they finally just gave up. I suspect that's why Panoz straightened out the entrance to the bridge, so that folks would no encroach into the pit lane and possibly hit someone going slow. However, it sure makes pit entry into a blind run...

Man, I sure wish I was going this year. There's always next year...!

GA

Originally posted by GregAmy:
    Man, I sure wish I was going this year.
    You lightweight!

C'mon Greg, fire up that winged thing and come down.

Gregg

This sucks. I'm just sitting around here waiting for my Hoosiers to be delivered. Everything else is ready and I can leave when they show up.

Here's an interesting story: Here in the CenDiv, MidWest Hoosier runs a contingency that if you buy your first set of tires from them in the spring, have Hoosier decals on your car, and a Hoosier patch on your suit, then they provide a contingency for you. That is if you win a race, you get credit for a free tire; if you finish second, you get credit for half a tire. So I had saved up enough credit for three free tires from them. I called them last Thursday and ordered those three and bought one more - they said no problem. I called again Monday afternoon asking where my tires were and they say "Oh, we were just about to write you a letter. We are all out of our contingency tires for the year." WHAT!? I was irrate! Is this not a breach of contract?! To make a long story short, I pissed and moaned and ended up having to just order four tires and paying for them (ouch!) just to get them here. So now this leaves me here Wednesday hoping my tires I wasn't budgeting for arrive soon so my now even more poor ass can leave.

So.....how far along has Hankook, Kumho, and Toyo come? I'm not happy about this.

R2,

If you can, cancel this order and hit the road. IIRC, Hoosier had a truck full of tires at last year's ARRC.

Gregg

Well, it's 2:50 and still no sign. UPS can only tell me that "They're going to be delivered between 9am and 7pm today." I'm tempted to say screw it and leave but it's too late to cancel this order I already have.

Well, here we are the day before the event and we still do not know how the enduro field will be determined. Fletch thinks its via qualifying but we need a definitive answer.