Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entry List?

Default Entry List?

I know that all the ARRC staff are working their tails off for this event but....

Is there going to be an entry list up on the arrc-online site soon? I would love to know who else will be there fighting for the crown (and a rare photo oppertunity with Ms. ARRC)

Thanks,

------------------
    Colin Harmer
    ITB 2-Red Golf
    Halifax, NS
    www.gomuchfaster.com
    [email protected]

Will try to have something up by Monday.

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    ITS Honda Prelude

Originally posted by bobpink:
    Will try to have something up by Monday.

Good, I need to see all of the people I'll be beating a week from today

(yea right....)

Entry list is now up for the ARRC. Good to see some hot shoes from years past showing up.

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    ITS Honda Prelude

A little sad, but still excited... Not as big a list as I would have thought for ITB...

ITB = Germany (Mostly VW)

VW Golf 11
    Audi Coupe 2
    BMW 2002 2
    BMW 318i 1 (I thought you sold that car?)
    Volvo 142 3

Where is the veriety of cars that we see here in the Northeast? Sabb, Opal GT, Alfa, Dodge.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing (The 2 Audi's)

How many can start the enduro?

Raymond

ITB has been fairly weak for a few years now. Not a whole lot of cars running here is the Southeast. I can recall when the ProIT here in the Atlanta Region regularly started 60+ cars...nowadays it can be in the high 20s to low 30s.

I think the addition of Spec Miata has hurt IT numbers across the board. Maybe with some of the new things being done with IT the numbers will grow again.

Don't know exactly how many cars can start a race at Road Atlanta, but it is somewhere just north of the 70 mark. With 77 entries it is going to be close. Think the highest number I've seen is 73.

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    ITS Honda Prelude

I would suspect at most 60 cars starting the enduro.

Huge entries... this is gonna be a great weekend. Not sure what do with 50 SM's, think just close my eyes and see no evil.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

No more the small one, the weak one, the frightened one.
    Running from beatings, deflating.
    I'm becoming more than a man. More than you ever were.
    Driven and burning to rise beyond Jesus.

[This message has been edited by Anubis (edited October 31, 2004).]

Holy crap that's a lot of cars!

17 cars in ITA consisting of 7 CRX's, 6 Integra's (woo!), and 5 CenDiv cars (double woo!). 11 IT7 cars too. Hopefully we'll get a couple more ITA cars to show up.

Kevin
    RuckRacing ITA Integra

Would be nice to see some more ITA entries, but after reading through them I think everyone is going to have their hands full. There are some real good shoes in this group including Serra, Muresan, Moser and Beyersdorf. Don't recognize some of the other names so there could be more.

Glad you are really looking forward to the ARRC Kevin. If you've never driven Road Atlanta before just remember to take your time learning your way around as this track can bite you hard if you mess up.

------------------
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    ITS Honda Prelude

WOW...14 bimmers in ITS...14 X 325 crank HP avg..3290 horsies!!!

david

[This message has been edited by dspillrat (edited November 01, 2004).]

double post....

[This message has been edited by dspillrat (edited November 01, 2004).]

Originally posted by Anubis:
    Not sure what do with 50 SM's, think just close my eyes and see no evil.

Lance, stop by the Iowa SM paddock spot and we'll do whatever we need to do to encourage that vision.....

Jarrod

"Don't know exactly how many cars can start a race at Road Atlanta, but it is somewhere just north of the 70 mark. With 77 entries it is going to be close. Think the highest number I've seen is 73."

Bob, I'm looking at the results from the 1996 Enduro and there were 75 starters, 55 finishers, and what looks like 83 entries. The field was gridded on the track and it spanned from almost pit out to the dip. Quite a spectacle.

The info on ARRC-online says that the enduro will be the top 65 qualifiers w/ classes pro-rated per no. of entries. I'm not entered but wonder what happens to your money if you don't qualify. SM qualifing should be very interesting back in the pack for the last spot in the enduro.

Bill,

That's the enduro I recall and I was pretty close on my estimate of starters. I think it took about 20 seconds for all of the cars to get the green flag.

Originally posted by bldn10:
    Bob, I'm looking at the results from the 1996 Enduro and there were 75 starters, 55 finishers, and what looks like 83 entries.
    Good question and I don't know the answer. I will see what I can find out so everyone will know.

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">The info on ARRC-online says that the enduro will be the top 65 qualifiers w/ classes pro-rated per no. of entries. I'm not entered but wonder what happens to your money if you don't qualify.</font>

Originally posted by bobpink:
    Would be nice to see some more ITA entries, but after reading through them I think everyone is going to have their hands full. There are some real good shoes in this group including Serra, Muresan, Moser and Beyersdorf.
    I've been following Beyersdorf and Bob & Joey Moser around all year. Every now and then I can finish near a Moser but no way can I touch Beyersdorf. His car has been insanely hooked up all year and nearly untouchable at Mid Ohio. He might be real hard to beat come Saturday. It'll be interesting to see how Joey does in Bob's car. Joey's car got balled up at Mid Ohio in September so he's using Bob's. Bob beat the track record pretty good this year in that car with a 1:44.4 - half a second faster than me

This will be my third ARRC but first driving it so I'm fairly familiar with the track and how it can bite people. I'll probably crap myself the first time under the bridge and down the hill though.

But yea, with the 4 you listed, I guess I'll be gunning for 5th.

R2 Racing-

It was mentioned last year a bit, but if you make a mess of those pants coming down the hill at Road Atlanta don't go to Lime Rock Park, I would hate to see what happens to you their

Raymond "Its not that bad" Blethen

I think the bridge to turn 12 is pretty unscary for me these days. Back before they redid the track you did feel like you had very little extra grip. Now it seems like I have plenty, and even in the wet I didn't have to slow down.

Now, to me the biggest scary part of the track is turning down into the esses when you car is twichy loose, or turning at 5 when you just nick the curb.

But I guess it's like everything. The first time I went flat through the kink at RA, I thought it was an amazing feat. A race later when I was getting passed by an ITE space shuttle, I realized that the kink just ain't dat scary in an ITB car.

Alan

Our ITB Mustang would be there but its at the frame shop, again. It turns out the nose of the car keeps hitting things, walls at RA or gaurd rails at VIR.

Ron Sattele
    Flat nose Mustang

Originally posted by apr67:
    I think the bridge to turn 12 is pretty unscary for me these days. Now it seems like I have plenty, and even in the wet I didn't have to slow down.

The first time I went flat through the kink at RA, I thought it was an amazing feat. A race later when I was getting passed by an ITE space shuttle, I realized that the kink just ain't dat scary in an ITB car.
    Do you think an ITA car should be able to go through turn 12 flat out? All of the in car camera footage I have is in ITB & ITC cars and they do it.

Try running the kink at Road America in an ITA car that exited the carousel at 100mph. It took me all weekend to get up the balls to flat foot through there. Having only done it in ITC cars, the move to an ITA car made it a lot more interesting.

Raymond - after knocking off Watkins Glen last year and now Road Atlanta this year, VIR and Limerock are numbers 1 and 2 on my list of "tracks to do".