Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wonder if the Sunbelft powered ITS cars will show up

The whole thing about teching engines is such a joke.

See Protest story.

The ARRC has a better set of people and tools, but they still could not tell if that throttle body was stock or not!

As for engine builders. Why do people who race in Showroom Stock and Spec Miata pay 7k to 10k for a stock motor? Do engine builders somehow make them more stock?

You can't call them cheaters, because no one (that I am aware of) has ever be called out as illegal with these motors.

quote;As for engine builders. Why do people who race in Showroom Stock and Spec Miata pay 7k to 10k for a stock motor? Do engine builders somehow make them more stock?

You can't call them cheaters, because no one (that I am aware of) has ever be called out as illegal with these motors.

Well, I can tell you that one of these motors that we thought was legal, cost us a SM championship this year due to "inventive" cam shafts. The engine builder was very quick to send us a legal set of camshafts to pass tech, but the damage had already been done.

What company was this that built you an illegal motor, against your word. What was so "inventive" and do you have proof that they sent you free camshafts for replacement? Can you scan the receipt and post it. That would certainly be proof enough for me that the engine builder went against your word building an illegal motor. I really wish that their was a way to make an a$$ out of companies like that, we (as "investors") shouldn't be condoning this sort of activity and we should be trying to stop it.

It is wrong enough to cheat on your own, but to sell products to people who haven’t a clue is completely unnecessary/wrong and unethical.

Raymond "errrr" Blethen

Titanium Rods !!!! sounds familiar... heard that story before 3 or 4 years ago on a Sunbelt Build engine on a CRX ITA engine that won the ARRC..... sounds very familiar........ few people even said that they had pictures of them taking out of that engine. I never found out if that was true or not.

I would be running but 20 minutes into the VIR 13 hour the car tried to kiss the fence between two and three. Problem was that there was a gaurd rail in the way. At least one of our brand new Hella lamps made it all the way to some fans at the fence. Good luck to all and lets hope that the little things don't turn into big things in impound.

Ron Sattele
    ITB "Flat Nosed" Mustang

Originally posted by James Clay:
    I will be there with a few ITS cars owned by customers - not driving at this point though (I have my helmet packed). See you there?

I think the ARRC is one of the most fun races of the year. I personally like the chance to have everything torn down to silence the skeptics.

James,

IIRC, the year you guys got booted for the ballast issue, your motors were torn down and legal. These cars are legal IMHO.

Good luck and congrats on a great season on WC.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    ITS RX-7 and ITA project SM
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Fast drivers will always be tagged as "running an illegal car". Luckily, I'm not in that category. We all know a particular VW that has been "too fast" all his life and has been torn down and found legal many times.