Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Annual ImprovedTouring.com gathering at the ARRC

Default 1st Annual ImprovedTouring.com gathering at the ARRC

Well, since I've started planning for this, I thought I should bring this topic up over here.

Who's planning to go? I'd like to get an idea of who is going and when you are planning to arrive so that maybe, just maybe, we can either get a spot where we can all paddock or at least make plans to meet at certain points throughout the weekend.

BTW, anyone know how much it will cost to enter the ARRC (roughly would be fine)? I'm starting to plan/budget for it all now. I just hope gas gets cheaper the further south I get!

Oh, and one last thing: anyone have a beer preference? I can't promise anything, but I'll be trying to make a special ARRC brew before I head down there.

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing
    bill (at) planet6racing (dot) com

Great idea! 'Cept I think it should be called the SECOND annual IT gathering. We had a significant portion of the NorthEast crowd there last year, plus others dropping in such as Gregg Baker, Ony Onglade, and others I'm sure I forgot to mention, and we all stopped and met with Kirk Knestis along the way (so he was there in spirit.)

http://www.gatm.com/cars/nx2000/ARRC2003.html

I don't think I'll make the race this year, but I suspect I might just drop in for the weekend...

BAH!! There was no advanced planning and you all didn't invite me, so it can't be the 1st!!

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Somehow I don't think it's likely that we will miss this year, since we haven't missed a year yet. (+ two IT Festivals in Topeka)

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

I'm there. I may just fly in for the weekend. The calendar is getting very ugly already.

Pilsner! Although my father, who brews, tells me that a proper Pilsner is somewhat tricky. Or was that a Lager? Oh well, there's always Bombay with a splash of vermouth as a backup.

http://www.isaacdirect.com/html/OtherPages...2520Photos.html

Gregg

As I've already alluded to elsewhere, I'll be there....along with at least 2, probably 3, more SMs from Des Moines.

(Bill, minor hijack since the other thread broke: You should be able to get into the track and stay there Wednesday night; you're welcome to hook up with us at some point on the trip down if you'd like - with three in the caravan already, I don't think we'll be towing TOO briskly....and if we are, the V10 F250 with us needs to stop for gas every 2 hours anyway....)

Beer? Free is just fine with me. Other than that, not many requirements.

Entry fee is something like $250, plus $100 or $150 or so for the test day. I think.

Jarrod

Thanks, Jarrod. I'm a little concerned about towing through the mountains with my van, as it will be more weighted down than normal (if I'm driving all that way, I'm racing. So, a spare engine, trans, and body is coming with me!) so I'm probably just going to take it very easy going down. But, I'll keep that in mind.

Gregg: I'll look into a Pilsner. Lagers are tougher because they require cooler temperatures to ferment.

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Originally posted by planet6racing:
    Gregg: I'll look into a Pilsner. Lagers are tougher because they require cooler temperatures to ferment.
    I'll see if I can get dad's recipe for a knockoff of Anchor Steam, a Lager brewed at ale temps. You'd like it.

He's much better at brewing than he was when he began twenty years ago, when everything he tried tasted like yak urine.

Gregg

Speaking of the test day....I found out that they do pro-rate it!! Good if your on a budget or if it rains 1/2 a day...

I'll be there. I've been to many ARRCs, but this will be my first one behind the wheel. I can't wait.

And Georgia gas is at about $1.75 for regular right now, but it fluctuates damned near daily.

I like a nice cloudy wheat (without fruit in it dammit. I hate it when people put fruit in my beer).

I haven't talked Kirk into running the ARRC yet, but I will. Shhhhhhh... He doesn't know.

And Greg???
    Why not come down at next years ITA weight and see what you can do relative to the current A cars??? I'd like to see that.

Well, that was the last batch. Unfortunately, the second batch we are making is a lemon coriander wheat, just so we don't have to have lemons in the house!

------------------
    Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Originally posted by gsbaker:
    I'm there. I may just fly in for the weekend.
    .....with a splash of vermouth as a backup.

http://www.isaacdirect.com/html/OtherPages...2520Photos.html

Gregg
    Ooooo..."vermouth" the man says....and the crowd hushed in reverence.....

Glad to see ITs biggest business fan will be there!

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

We'll be there, but we don't know yet whether it will be driving or working corners.

------------------
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">And Greg??? Why not come down at next years ITA weight and see what you can do relative to the current A cars???</font>
    Well, we did, last year. Next year's legal weight is 2515, and we were there in 2003 at about 2505 (versus this year's 2490 legal). Other than the rear swaybar and some shock/spring tuning, there's not a dramatic difference in the car. We're still running the same old engine and won't have a new one 'til next year, so there's really nothing else to prove.

Grab it while you can:

http://www.arrc-online.com/G5RACE.pdf
    http://www.arrc-online.com/G4RACE.pdf

I'll bother someone soon for a crew pass so I can hang with y'all, but the team will be there next year, ready for bear (beer?)

GA

Originally posted by Catch22:
    ... I haven't talked Kirk into running the ARRC yet, but I will. Shhhhhhh... He doesn't know. ...
    ...and whey in the HELL would I subject myself to that? Let's see:

1. Car is nothing like fully prepared

2. Driver is slow

3. I took a month off of work in July and my co-workers will lynch me if I take another day

That DOES sound like fun.

K

Kirk...
    Because its the ARRC. Thats why.

You're coming buddy. Yep. You are.

If we get lucky it will rain again while we loaded the car,36 hours straight on the way from DesMoines,while we unloaded the car at the track and while we drank beer in the rain when we got done(because it did not matter anymore at that point)but it was still worth it.
    I will have a car this year though,but in SM so I will be much farther back in the pack then in ITA
    And my truck can go 2 hours and 15 min. on a tank of gas Jarrod.
    And if we get really lucky Bart won't get us stuck in the biggest traffic jam in the history of Tennesee and get to the track 3 hours late.
    Dave Volante

So, what night is this gathering going to take place? Fri nite? Sat nite?
    Ray

I think it should be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night IMO...

Raymond

I think it should be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night IMO...

Raymond