Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crew...

Default Crew...

I have 3 crew spots available, and no crew to fill them with.

Anyone need free entry?

Also, I might need a helper for the Enduro. Anyone interested? The pay sucks, the hours are long, and the boss is a real Ahole.

If you’re nice.... You can probably find someone to share a pit stall with that already has a fire bottle and someone to hold it.

My girlfriend and I are arriving Friday afternoon as spectators. We have plans to visit Dawsonville early Saturday morning and getting to the track sometime early afternoon and spending the rest of the weekend there. I've driven in enduros at Sebring and Moroso in my 510, but never a true crew person! We will be happy to help any way we can. Just let me know.

------------------
    2- Datsun 510 ITC's now gone
    GT-1 Silverado Truck!! (loned)

What Alan didn't mention in his message is that the person he will be sharing a pit with is probably going to be Chris Albin (if Alan will have us). We are bring two people, one of which is A LOT of help. We actually have a total of 3 cars that we could use extra help with (that's what happens when your crew decides to race). The third car is Patrick Findley's ITB Golf; Patrick is from Memphis and is an all-around nice guy.

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Lesley, We plan on leaving Orlando earlier than planned so we can spend all day Sat. and Sun. at the track. We hope to make it late Fri. Just email me or give me the car numbers and I'll catch up with you there. Looking forward to meeting you all. [email protected]. Thanks.
    David

------------------

Les..

Shhh.. Don't scare them away!

Look, all due respect, but if you are not going to let us spill racing fuel, drip oil, pump a jack, push start a car, give bad set up advice, sniff the exaust, or any other race related pain in the a** things to do, ........then we'll just stand around and take pics......... ;o) See ya there.

------------------

Lesly... 3 cars... we are pulling out

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing

Raymond,
    It's not as bad as it sounds. Since Alan has gone to the dark side in a SM, you'll only have to worry about Chris and Patrick. Patrick has never driven there before, but is a pretty quick study.

Like we could scare you away anyway?

BTW, I don't get in until late Thursday night; running out of vacation days quickly, so am flying in. Anyone crewing for us while I am there will get to eat pretty well; I have a reputation to uphold. Between Stretch and myself, we can put on some pretty good dinners.

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Lesley-

Please do not tell our crew that you feed your crew.... Our crew is happy now with free track food ... Actually come to think of it I think they would rather have the free track food then my cooking!!!

Raymond

Raymond...if you don't want your crew to figure out there are better "deals" out there, you better blindfold them! They won't have to look far! kidding guys!

The Blethens crew are long suffering and great guys. (The whole RST bunch even sprang to my assistance to help change to rains for my win back at NHIS this summer, for which I am forever in debt!)

But the entertainment value is very high when Ray and Steve are the drivers!

I over heard the 'crew' discussing the "pool" the other day. Each session they bet on who will bring what back broken.

"I bet Raymond breaks another axle"....
    "Naaaa, Steven will crush his air dam first"!

Actually I am looking froward to having them around in Atlanta.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Originally posted by RSTPerformance:
    Lesley-

Please do not tell our crew that you feed your crew.... Our crew is happy now with free track food ... Actually come to think of it I think they would rather have the free track food then my cooking!!!

Raymond
    Then you really don't want to hear this...Friday night is usually steak, chicken, and some kind of seafood. I usually make my sweet potatoes (those of you who may have eaten them at the Prod party at the Runoffs know what I am talking about) and other vegetables. Then dessert is usually ice cream, cheesecake or brownies. On top of that, we offer a dry, warm place to sleep at the track (okay, so it's in the trailer), and free showers complements of Road Atlanta.

Saturday we usually go out for dinner in Gainesville.

Our crew is pretty loyal.

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Originally posted by OTLimit:
    I usually make my sweet potatoes (those of you who may have eaten them at the Prod party at the Runoffs know what I am talking about)
    I do know what you're talking about and it's terrific. I didn't know you were responsible for that dish. Y'know Atlanta isn't that far of a drive !!!

Good luck to Chris and your team.

------------------
    #42 GP Spitfire
    Member 289368

[This message has been edited by Drew Aldred (edited October 20, 2004).]

Les..

I think we are going to make a huge pot o Chili and have it in a crock pot this year. A nice lunch and gas stop!

Alan

Dear Fletcher:

Please put us next to the Albin compound.

Jarrod

Alan,
    That sounds fine, but you know a certain person won't eat that. We'll just make him some soup, instead.

So, that makes ham/roast beef sandwiches for lunches on Wed/Thursday, chili/soup on Friday, and we never get lunch on Saturday anyway. Looks like the food is taken care of!!

Now if I just survive this week at work, we'll be ready to pack.

------------------
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Originally posted by OTLimit:
    Then you really don't want to hear this...Friday night is usually steak, chicken, and some kind of seafood. I usually make my sweet potatoes (those of you who may have eaten them at the Prod party at the Runoffs know what I am talking about) and other vegetables. Then dessert is usually ice cream, cheesecake or brownies. On top of that, we offer a dry, warm place to sleep at the track (okay, so it's in the trailer), and free showers complements of Road Atlanta.

Saturday we usually go out for dinner in Gainesville.

Our crew is pretty loyal.

Damn. And I was excited about Friday fish and chips at a local restaurant.

G

Jarrod,
    Should we tell these folks we will be smoking brisket and ribs all day thursday to be consumed that nite?

Lets hope we have no Miata problems on the test day that would put a kink in those plans--buy hey,what a better way to eat a plate of ribs while changing out a tranny or something.
    Dave Volante

Lesley-

You are making it even more tempting to pull out of the event... Now I just want to crew!!!

Raymond

Thanks to three sponsors, Rd. Atlanta, Zander Radio Systems, and Late Model Stock Car Racing, the Friday night party at Rd. Atlanta will be one to remember! There will be adult beverages!! A live band!! Food!! And it's free to competitors!!!
    Save your money for what counts...tires and shocks!

------------------
    Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games.
    Hemingway.