Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SE-R cup to expand w/ 240sx

NASA SER, well points proven. I did manage a 1.29.272 lap on Sunday (but was farther off your fastest Saturday). Both days qualifying worked out poorly for me (especially Saturday's wreck shortened 3 lap qualifying with me starting at the rear of the grid). This left me with many HC and other cars to work out during the race. But no matter the list of excuses I come up with clearly I need to keep in mind this is my first full season of racing and I need work since my times are very inconsistent. Obviously from Sunday's fast lap - the car is up to competing in SER in ITA form (albeit nowhere near ITA weight ).

------------------
    Ed.
    240SX ITA

Ed, I saw that 1:29 lap today when i was looking at the results!!!! very nice, i was killing myself and the car to get into the 1:29s but couldn't do it in the heat....I meant to come over and talk to you during the weekend but between the heat and car issues including a broken axle i never got to... hopefully you will be at VIR next week to give it another shot, if that car will do a 1:29 at summit in the heat, then the car and you are fast enough, just need to get some clear track for consistent quick laps.....both races I managed to get away from the pack and had clean track so my lap times were fairly consistent and faster than they would be w/ someone racing w/me

the ITS 240sx and you had very similar lap times on sat, for what's that's worth....hopefully will see you at VIR (in Se-R cup ;-)

I think the remainder of this year will be PS-2 given season points (the car has a contingency sponsorship on season points) and such, which we can discuss at VIR.

Looking at my hot lap and my other lap times I almost wonder if the 1:29 was a t&s error! On Saturday I didn't help myself any with overinflated tires resulting in much 4 wheel sliding including the spin late in the race. If I can get full practice and qualifying in let's see if I can set up for a proper slot in the field.

It was extremely hot, I was getting 205* coolant and 230* oil temps and cooling is one thing that is set up right on my car. I don't want to know the temps inside my driver suit given the exhaust running under my bum. Made me regret the cool shirt still sitting in the project pile at home. It will be installed for VIR as I know the heat was affecting me early on each session.

Jeff and I get to race pretty frequently. If he would get around to getting an LSD in his ITS/PS1 car though we would have to watch out. He is getting those times on the OEM open diff and OEM final drive... He is giving a lot of acceleration ability up to us, though he was giving me up a lot more Friday at Pocono South than he did at SP main.

I am usually paddocked with a couple HC-5 guys (Zephyr & Dave) when they bother to save me space. Dave and I both have air conditioning so feel free to stop by. We have to practice and qualify with legends this time

------------------
    Ed.
    240SX ITA

[This message has been edited by turboICE (edited July 21, 2005).]

ed, i will try to stop by sat and catch up w/ you, maybe we can line up together for a practice session to try to compare the cars on track (to see the strengths and weaknesses..

ps. I meant to ask whtireand what brand are you running

by the way, my first new car i ever owned was a champagne 1989 240sx (w/ the trunk) wish i had never sold it, if i still had it I would be racing it, best handling street car i ever drove :-)