Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITA 240sx competitve?

As per topic, yeah, they are competitive.

And, by the way, I never had to "brake" to keep from winning the ARRC. In fact, I had to drive my ass off to get the 2nd! The Acura was FAST!! (Must be cheating, right?? LOL)

NM, enough has been said...

Jim
    (edit to delete entire post)

[This message has been edited by ITA240 (edited May 03, 2005).]

Originally posted by fixrim:
    As per topic, yeah, they are competitive.

And, by the way, I never had to "brake" to keep from winning the ARRC. In fact, I had to drive my ass off to get the 2nd! The Acura was FAST!! (Must be cheating, right?? LOL)
    I might be able to coax that Acura driver into this thread. Hmmm...maybe not.

Thanks for posting, Bob.

Hey, my competitive 240sx will be at Lime Rock Park this weekend. I qualified 2nd at NHIS 3 weeks ago and finished 3rd (out of about 20 ITA cars).

Jeremy

How do the S ones do?

I like the cars a lot, always have, and would love to drive one at some point. It is on my short list of ITS cars to build if the JH won't do anything in ITS after some development.

I never heard anything but praise for Bob's old car (ITA 240 right, or my first question has been answered) and never heard rumors about it being illegal. To make a car fast in IT requires a lot more than ordering parts out of a tuner magazine and that car obviously has the sweat equity in it.

------------------
    Ron Earp
    NC Region
    Ford Lightning
    RF GT40 Replica
    Jensen-Healey ITS
    1/2 a 260Z ITS

[This message has been edited by rlearp (edited May 03, 2005).]

My 1995 240sx (s14 chassis) sat on the pole at Savannah this weekend on Saturday and battled for the lead before the e36 moron knocked me off in the deep sand on lap 3. Sunday I ran 2nd most of race but finished 3rd after almost crashing off the carousel. The car is very competitive though to answer your question. It's also maybe for sale if anyone is interested. Time for racing is getting increasingly shorter with new baby and household duties right now!

I don't think the ITS 240SX is quite as competitive as the ITA, but I don't know if anyone has developed it as much as the ITA ones. I think it would be fun to try and develop it to the fullest if that's what you want. That was just a little more than I wanted to tackle.

BTW, Bob gave me the dyno sheet for the engine currently in the 240. I was not worried about it being illegal. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my cornering speed up and use the car to its max. What's that mantra....oh yeah...practice, practice, practice.

Good to hear from you Bob. Missed you at the Touring car race in Atlanta.

David

Guys here is my opinion:

First let me say that I have ran a 240 in ITA for several years. And yes, they are very competitive. Why some people want to slam others when they don't know what they are talking about is beyond me. Maybe I don't really have a right to even comment here because I have made the decision to go national racing with my - what - yes , 240SX in E Production!
    But anyway, I can say this with a clear conscience - it takes ALOT OF WORK and VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO DETAIL to win at ANY TYPE OF RACING. Some want to just simply put a car together and expect to win, while others want to constantly better themselves and enjoy the fruits of their labor. My guess is that very few build a car and win right away and I doubt seriously that any one in this post - no matter who - did that the first time out. Yes , true some are better drivers and have more budgets than some but I'm sorry, - Isn't that life?
    Most of you are great - the others - WHO CARES?

Found this thread a month late, but it's a good one.

Regarding the 240SX in ITS, there is one in the sediv that has been running for some time. But unfortunately, it looks like it still needs a little more speed to run with the top two or three S cars. As for ITA, Bob has certainly shown what it can do when it's setup right and driven very well. I've seen that car get torn down several times and always found to be legal. I've also followed that car around on a few occasions and can certainly say that most of its speed definitely comes from braking and especially how much speed he's carrying in the corners. At last year's ARRC after getting a good draft he passed me (driving an Integra) at the end of the backstraight and into the braking zone. In the same race I also swapped positions back and forth with a yellow CRX that one time passed me on the backstraight before the corner station in T9. This was considerably earlier than the 240 and shows just how much the small CRX benefits from drafting a bigger car. It’s also the same way the winning Integra drafted by Bob's 240 in the race to take the lead. Bob's 240SX is certainly has a good motor, but from my point of view at least it was not the fastest car down the straights last year.

David, I haven't seen you since the weekend in Feb. Hope everything is OK and hope to see you out there again soon. It's a shame not to be running that car. Bob, any future plans for another IT car, or you're done for a while?

------------------
    Alex
    #84 ITA

Been busy doing things like working on my trailer. I just pretty much threw everything in for the Feb race since I only live 40 mins away from Road Atlanta. I had only picked up the car (and trailer as well) in the middle of January so the Feb race was kinda hectic for me. I'm still in the "start-up" phase and I'm trying to get a little more organized before the next race. I'll be at Roebling July 9-10 and Road Atlanta a couple weeks later. I've got a couple more races I'm going to try and make including the race at AMS and the ARRC.

It's interesting that you mentioned brakes. Bob said that was one of the areas he thought could be improved on the car. He said he never really found a pad he liked. The car also doesn't have the larger ABS rotors (not that it matters at the moment as I'm not using all the brakes anyways).

Look forward to seeing you again.

David
    ITA 240SX

Well if there is room for improvement, then all the better. I mentioned the brakes as being good because Bob regularly went in quite deep in every turn, even in practice sessions. So I assumed he had strong brakes.

Originally posted by DavidM:
    Road Atlanta a couple weeks later. I've got a couple more races I'm going to try and make including the race at AMS and the ARRC.
    See ya there, and perhaps at AMS as well.

------------------
    Alex
    #84 ITA