its300zx,
We are still waiting for some proof of Bob's illegal engine. I'm sure David would especially like to know, since he now owns that car. The only proof offered so far has been:
"I just have heard from many, I heard that he was running 12:0 & He supposedly hit the brakes at the end so he would not finish first"
None of this proves anything, other than that we racers like to gossip.

Before you completely disregard me as a "hater", do some research. I have been involved with 240's on this forum for almost 5 years. I have raced a S13 for that time, until a little over a year ago. I know what my car dyno'ed at. I know that it had more torque than my friends GSR. And it was less developed than Bob's car.

Do you know what gains are to be had by investing countless hours in dyno time to tweak your Motec, so that every adjustable parameter is perfectly optimized and every measured point? Do you know what the gains are from a header and exhaust system completed computer modeled-Primary size, step length and diameter, collector design and placement? The exhaust on that car was not cheap. Do you know how much is to be gained by optimizing the port matching, by doing it on a flow bench? with the intake and or header installed? Do you know how much faster the dcar/driver combination is when they spend 30 weekends together on track per year? I can believe that if I had been able to invest (time and money) in the performance of my car and driver, we would have been substantially faster.

I bet Joe Harlan knows more than a little about these gains also.

Combine all of those things, into a package that is at least 170 lbs lighter than ITS GSR. My friends GSR is still a little overweight, and he complains that he wishes he had better brakes. Put it all together, and I do not doubt that a well driven, well prepped ITA 240 could beat up on a 170 hp, 125 lb-ft GSR.

Until there is proof (where, when, what parts) nobody should post someone as a cheater. Someday, it might be you running up front and being accused of cheating because they can't catch you.

Jim Cohen

[This message has been edited by ITA240 (edited May 03, 2005).]