Thread: Nissan Clutches

Default Nissan Clutches

Soliciting opinions on clutches. Need one for my 300zx ITS car, curious what others have had for luck in the past. I have been running (for longer than I'd like to think about) an OEM disk & PP from Nissan but know there are some other brands out there.

My assumption is that although it is a different car than the 240/260/280 I know the clutch is similar so I'd take those experiences too.

Thanks
    Matt Miskoe
    ITS 300zx

well you could check out act and centerforce.

After chatting with a lot of the 240sx guys that race, we came to the conclusion that the oem clutches were about as good as anything that is out there. Having said that I have a "ZOOM" clutch in mine, and it has held up quite well. If I remember correctly the pressure plate clamping force is a bit better and the disc material is a carbon ceramic substance (or something like that). Check and see if they have an application for your car. Various parts stores can order them. I believe I got mine from Advanced Auto Parts.

------------------
    Tristan Smith
    Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56

I am using a Dual Friction Centerforce clutch in my 280zx. I too have used a "stock" clutch and pp. I do like the difference the CF makes.

I have had good results with stock PP
    and Nissan comp clutch in an ITS-240Z

I use a Spec clutch. I tried an ACT clutch but I didnt like the release. So far the Spec has held up great and they have a PP that has higher clamping force but doesn't feel like a truck at the pedal.