Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z32 300ZX NA in ITS

SCCA was thinking about doing this for older cars in Solo 2 . It was a vintage class to be run on a spec tire wheel size combo. 2manyZ's and I chat online a lot and have discussed the
    issue of the newer cars with the better brakes and engine management systems taking over. This seems to be a natural process , but with the cost of running going through the roof it would be nice to see something to keep the older cars running.

I only thought of the Z32 , because they really aren't classed anymore. I would think you would get a lot of help on adding a ITP class for newer " Performance cars" with maybe an age restriction , so currently classed newer cars will have to wait 5 years to get in.

I think I am just rambling here now

Mike
    Zdriver.com

Comparing the Supra that is classed in ITS now is apples and oranges different than the Z we are talking about. In 1986, the Supra made 161hp and 169 ft/lbs.

A far cry from the 222hp the Z makes. Size of the motor has much less to do with classification than design and stock output.

Ask the guy building the 3.5L V* Triumph TR8!

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    06 ITS RX-7
    FlatOut Motorsports
    New England Region
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

LOL Andy, that guy, me, is now done building his Triumph TR8 and is (although the driver has a lot to learn) watching cars with much smaller displacement whiz by on the straights.

I guess that was my point above. If the Z32 comes to ITS, you are putting a car in my class that has nearly 100 more hp stock than me (222 v. 133). It has nearly 40 more stock hp than the current class leader 325. I imagine with no emissions, a decent chip, and free exhaust, that motor makes close to 270 at the crank, maybe more in the right hands. That's just crazy.

It really is time for a new class at the top of IT, to take the 325s and 300zxs and the last gen N/A Supras and even Maximas and A4s and things and let them race together.