Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 240sx Rear Sphericals

I personally would rather be in a car/kart that is going where I point it and might be a little down on power rather than a car or kart that's handling like a pig with a good motor. When my kart isn't handling properly, I start to get frustrated and start missing apexes and turn-ins. I start to wonder, "am I that out of it today, or is it the kart?" If the motor is weak, it's pretty easy to tell I'm not screwing up.

I played around with my suspension and it did loosen up a bit. I'm thinking when the car takes a few bumps all will be fine.

BTW, the motor is in transit to me...woo hoo!
    It will take another week or so to get everything together after I get it. Hopefully, she'll see her first test day at the Chin Motorsports event at the end of next month.
    HP and especially torque numbers look very, very nice...right where I thought they could be

I personally would rather be in a car/kart that is going where I point it and might be a little down on power rather than a car or kart that's handling like a pig with a good motor. When my kart isn't handling properly, I start to get frustrated and start missing apexes and turn-ins. I start to wonder, "am I that out of it today, or is it the kart?" If the motor is weak, it's pretty easy to tell I'm not screwing up.

I played around with my suspension and it did loosen up a bit. I'm thinking when the car takes a few bumps all will be fine.

BTW, the motor is in transit to me...woo hoo!
    It will take another week or so to get everything together after I get it. Hopefully, she'll see her first test day at the Chin Motorsports event at the end of next month.
    HP and especially torque numbers look very, very nice...right where I thought they could be

You may have over-tightened (or under washered) the assemblies.

BTW, you should not tighten suspension bits at "droop"; final torquing at ride height is preferable.

Good Luck!