Thread: ITS 240sx

Default ITS 240sx

Hey Guys, Here are a few pics of out ITS 240sx construction. Let me know what you think! Be kind !! www.murphymotorsports.net/construction.html

------------------
    David Murphy
    Murphy Motorsports

Looks great. How far away from completion are at this point? What region do you run in/will be running?

Tristan Smith
    Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56

Hello Dave -- a fellow SEDiv/NCR soon to be competitor here. I'm in Raleigh, also building an ITS car (Triumph TR8, you laugh, I understand). You close to Raleigh? Would love to see your car/get together/talk about tech, licensing, etc.

Email is [email protected]. Shoot me a note if you get a second.

Car looks great by the way. Who did your cage? Is it a Kirk or Autopower, or custom?

Jeff

The car is very close to completion with the exception of installing the drivetrain, brakes (Tristan did you fix your problem?), belts, guages, etc... A lot of little things. We hope to run the car at the double ECR at Vir in Nov. I live in Reidsville, NC (30 miles from VIR). I ran the SARRC series in the past in a Z car but we will concentrate more on the ECR series and the Carolina Cup series with this car. It should make a good enduro car.

Jeff, Give me a call (336)402-0480 or email me ([email protected]) and I'll help you out as much as I can. If you haven't already contact James Shanks (address @ www.ncrscca.com) he is the Raleigh area chapter coordinator and could give you details about there monthly meetings. There are a lot of people in your area that are very involved in IT racing.

Check out my website (www.murphymotorsports.net) and you'll see pictures of our old Z and some other stuff. Thanks for the replies.

------------------
    David Murphy
    Murphy Motorsports

David, I'll find out this weekend. I put on a new loaded caliper, and think it will fix the problem. But won't know till I get it out there. I could use a good weekend though, haven't had any this year yet with the limited amount that I have run. Need to make sure the sponsor doesn't question his decision/investment!!

Tristan Smith
    Buffalo's Southwest Cafe
    ITA Nissan 240sx #56

Let us know how it goes! Can I email you off line about some sponsorship questions? I trying to get a proposal together and need all the info I can get.

------------------
    David Murphy
    Murphy Motorsports

Hey David. What happened to the Mazda you were going to build? You know, I thought you were seeing the light, but..... LOL Hope all goes well with your new project.

Rob, All was going well with the Mazda until we tore the engine down. Someone sold me a rotary with NO PISTONS! At that point we decided to cut our loses and build a normal car! Will you be at the Dbl ECR @ VIR in Nov? We hope to have that car running (in some form anyway) by then.