Thread: Clutch Replacement Time

Default Clutch Replacement Time

Ok all you 240sx guys any suggestions as to what to replace my slipping clutch with? I believe Ken Mersereau wasn't thrilled with his centerline clutch, and I seem to remember hearing that Stretch wasn't that thrilled with the NISMO set up, but I could be wrong on that recollection. So who has the sure fire deal? Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Tristan Smith
    1989 ITA 240sx #56

Get a Borg-Warner clutch. I have used BW's for years and have had a hard time tearing one up. You cannot get them from the big stores, so you will have to research a local jobber.

Russ Myers
    ITC #6

Thanks Russ. I got some advice offline that I am going to try. Zoom Clutch. (I wonder if they make any for Mazdas?). Evidently well made, decent price, and long lasting. I will find out I guess.

Tristan Smith

Tristan,

Did you end up installing the Zoom? How do you like it?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by bbp (edited August 11, 2002).]

Yeah, sure did. Have only run a few sessions on it but it seems to be fine. I can't tell any difference either way from the stock one that was in there, and so far I haven't felt any great improvement in performance.Perhaps I will see some longevity out of it, but only time will tell. Ask me in the middle of next season, and if for some reason I have a major failure before then, I'll keep all of you posted.

Tristan Smith
    Buffalo's Southwest Cafe ITA Nissan 240sx #56