how many are running something other than stock ratio, 4.08? I decided to plunk down the money for a quaife, and I'm trying to decide whether to change the R&P while i'm in there. FWIW, I'm in SEDIV (Homestead, Moroso, Sebring, Daytona, Roebling, Rd. Atlanta, etc...)
Also, what gauges are you using, and where'd you install the sending units?
Right now I've got oil pressure & temp, and water temp. The oil pressure is an electrical Autometer, with the sending unit replacing stock sender. The oil temp is also electrical Autometer, tee'd into the oil cooler line. The pressure sending unit is so big, it doesn't get along with the oil cooler adapter, so I'm going with a mechanical oil pressure gauge. I also want to drill/tap the oil cooler adapter to do away with the tee in that line.
I'm having trouble with the water temp though. I'm using autometer electrical, with an adapter to fit the pass. side port in the block. Problem is the sending unit doesn't protrude beyond the adapter, so I don't think I'll get a good reading. I'm thinking of drilling/tapping the OEM gauge sending unit and installing it there; anyone else done this?
Finally I want to add a mechanical water pressure gauge; I think it has 1/2" NPT threads. Anyone want to volunteer a good place/method of installation?
Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to share/gather some good info. Thanks for any help and advice.
Michael
ITA 240SX #09