Thread: 280 Z web site

Default 280 Z web site

A friend of mine is building a 280Z ITS car. Does anyone know of a Z car specific web site?

Don't know of a website dedicated to building/racing of a Z car, but your friend needs to go to www.zhome.com and sign up for the Z Car Digest. Any and all questions posted to the mail list will get an answer. He might also try www.zdriver.com.

You can also post questions here and wait for Chet Wittel's crewchief "kthomas" to show up. He will have an answer and excellent advice since his work has produced a couple of ITS Datsun Z car front-runners. The last two ARRC ITS wins come to mind along with Paul Reckert, Jr. in the early 90's.

Good luck with the 280Z.

Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    OPM Motorsports
    ITS Honda Prelude

Another good Z site with a good Forum is ZCAR.com There are some ITS racers that hang out on that sites forum also.

zcar.com is chock full of misinformation and cheapskates too lazy to open a Service Manual, I only go there to remind myself why I don't watch professional wrestling. Stick with the Z Car Digest at zhome.com, a much higher caliber of technical traffic and professionally moderated.

Good luck with the 280Z, and buy lots of brake ducting. Where in the country are you?

------------------
    katman

My friend (Jim)& I live in Mississippi. We are in MidWest Division. We typically run at Memphis, Atlanta, and Texas World Speedway, Hallett, St. Louis. This is Jim's first race car. He has done a nice job. I keep telling him that the "Red Mist" will get him at least once. I run a ITA RX7 with a carb. All that fuel injection freaks me out.

Jim is out to have a good time. I just wanted to be able to point him in a good direction if he has one of those "strange" problems pop up.

Thank you all for the good information.

Drive well.