Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Explain..........

Originally posted by dj10:
    Last post on this subject!
    If any of you race a E36 325 with a .040 bore and you protest them, don't worry, they will be disqualified. The rings are illegal. If you don't believe me do your own research. If you have a .040 engine you have a large paper weight or an illegal motor.
    Its time we police our own ranks and keep things fair to everyone.
    ??? With enough money and time, you can have any piston or ring made for you. Why, then would a .040 motor be illegal?

The only issue in the grey I see is that if BMW never made a .040 overbore piston, what exactly are you manufacturing an 'exact equivilant' of? Tough to get the exact specs of something then never existed...

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

The only issue in the grey I see is that if BMW never made a .040 overbore piston, what exactly are you manufacturing an 'exact equivilant' of? Tough to get the exact specs of something then never existed...

AB
    [/B]
    Now you're getting anal. Same significant dimensions- pin height and diameter, ring locations and sizes, skirt shape. Just scale the diameter up on a .020 piston. The rule is intended for just this purpose.

JE used to be especially accomodating...

------------------
    katman

Last post on this subject!
    If any of you race a E36 325 with a .040 bore and you protest them, don't worry, they will be disqualified. The rings are illegal. If you don't believe me do your own research. If you have a .040 engine you have a large paper weight or an illegal motor.
    Its time we police our own ranks and keep things fair to everyone.
    You're a troll...

Its (sic) time we police our own ranks and keep things fair to everyone.
    Money, meet mouth. He has a place right next to him for you to be put...

So your thinking these top fast guys in e36 Bimmers are too cheap to buy a legal set of pistons ( custom or whatever ) but they have no problems with $4000.00 worth of motec and maybe that much more for the custom wiring to mate it to the oe harness??... Dj call CSS and order you a set, see for yourself.. My bet is the front running BMW guys are legal ( and fast talented drivers, not just overdog cars ) they can afford to be!

------------------
    Fred Alphin
    #92 Hankook Tire SSB VW GTI VR6
    BMW 325i ITS ( 2006 ? )