Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: restrictor plate delete - not scca

ahhh, now this is more like it. we haven't had a thread get hijacked and degenerate into yet another pointless overdog/bmw "discussion" in months!

really, i didn't mean to do this. i was just trying to tell the bmw cr guys they could take the performance adjustment tool out for bmw cr's....sorry!

marshall

Originally posted by seckerich:
    Yea,just check out Whittel's times at the pro last weekend at Road Atlanta and you can see the restrictor just killed you guys. 1:40 and change just like the ARRC.
    Yes, Whittel was still fast, he is a fast guy regardless of the car he drives, I was at RA and watched the Pro IT race and it looked to me that there was a good mix of cars up front, E36, Z, RX7's but the E36 did not crush the field and RA should be a "E36" track...

Here's a thread hijack for you- There's no "h" in Wittel.

------------------
    katman

Originally posted by kthomas:
    Here's a thread hijack for you- There's no "h" in Wittel.

Further Hijack.....
    Smart drivers will slowly whittle away at the competition, the goal being to win by just a wittle bit.

david

If *I* classed the E36 TODAY, it would weight 3100 without a restrictor.
    AB

Damn Andy, glad you can't class the E36.
    I do have a question Andy. Why would the crb shoot down a request to make short shifters legal? All I tried to do is make everyone that are using them LAST YEAR & NOW legal!
    I also think there is to much paranoia here.
    dj

Originally posted by dj10:

If *I* classed the E36 TODAY, it would weight 3100 without a restrictor.
    AB

Damn Andy, glad you can't class the E36.
    I do have a question Andy. Why would the crb shoot down a request to make short shifters legal? All I tried to do is make everyone that are using them LAST YEAR & NOW legal!
    I also think there is to much paranoia here.
    dj
    I think it's a classic case of rules creep. There is no need for it in a class that costs are always on the rise. If people are using them, protest them and get them legal. If it's not a performance item, WHY HAVE ONE?

We get more letters complaining about costs and "why is this legal?" than anything. IT is as entry level as it gets from a cost perspective in Club Racing...to add more and more unneccessary allowances only increases that already escalationg number.

AB

If people are using them, protest them and get them legal.
    AB[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks Andy, I wonder how many IT cars would have been eliminated from races (including the IT Runoffs) if short shifters would have been checked or protested last year. My guess is 30 to 40%.
    dj

Originally posted by dj10:
    If people are using them, protest them and get them legal.
    AB
    Thanks Andy, I wonder how many IT cars would have been eliminated from races (including the IT Runoffs) if short shifters would have been checked or protested last year. My guess is 30 to 40%.
    dj[/B][/QUOTE]

Nice to know that 30 to 40% of divers have little respect for their fellow driver......

The point is very valid...why does someone spend the money, and the time to install a short shifter (not to mention the accelerated trans wear) if it provided no real or perceived performance gain??

And, the follow up is the obvious lack of desire to stay within the rules.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]