Super Swift...wish I knew your name...well, anyway...

Was the Mercedes the same one I saw at the ARRCs? What about all the other cars you refer to from FL? Which ones went one state north for the big race?

The problem with merely citing results is the relative lack of comparable data. For example...the BMW that you site as being the best in FL..did he run against the guys from VIR like York? How'd he do?

(I am asking, not setting anything up as I don't know... I don't recall if he was at the ARRCs or not, and the other cars you mentioned weren't associated with drivers)

The point is, that without seeing how those guys run against "these guys" it's hard to draw any solid conclusions. And while the ARRCs aren't the "be all and end all" of races, they DO provide a common ground for the best of the best to compete. Also, while there is no such thing as guaranteed legality, we know that the front runners at the ARRC are not blatently illegal, which is next to impossible to say for nearly any other race in the country.

As far as I know, all ITS frontrunners made it thru the tech shed unscathed.

A final thought. We all know that two cars can run identical lap times, but if one is decidedly quicker down the straights, but an inferior handler, it will still win once the racing starts.

------------------
Jake Gulick
CarriageHouse Motorsports
ITA 57 RX-7
New England Region
[email protected]