Thread: 89 E30 325i

Default 89 E30 325i

hello,

I have an opportunity to get my hands on this car. I had been leaning toward a crx for IT SCCA racing. But this car is in great shape and is readilty available. What are the reasons that I should get into the E30 325 over a CRX? (Besides being a BMW, I have an E46M3 as an everyday drive).

What can I expect the weight of the 325 to be race prepped?

Thanks!

zracer22 Guest

I had to add a 72 lb ballast to my car to get it to minimum weight. I weigh 220 lbs.

"What are the reasons that I should get into the E30 325 over a CRX?"

1. It's not a honda
    2. RWD
    3. Engines are bullet proof
    4. More interior room (I'm 6'-2", 220#)

What class do you run in? I hear the power to weight is unbeatable in the CRX. True? Glad to hear about the room! At 6'4 310 lbs, I won't have to add any more weight!

do you want to have fun racing, or do you want to WIN? i race an e30 325 because i like driving bmw's (daily driver is e36 m3, spouse's car is e46 325it). i just have fun, because the 6 e36 bmw325's that also run in the series do all the winning. e30's are not front runners in the scca its class.

zracer did list a bunch of good reasons to race one though!

min weight for an e30 325 in its is 2750lbs with driver. i have about 95lbs of lead ballast in mine to get up to that weight.

if you want to win, the crx's in scca ita class kick butt usually.

marshall

Hey,

if are building it from scratch ... i just totalled my e30 and now think will try to sell it in parts let me know if u would be interested in getting the whole thing - it has complete TurnerMotosport J-stock suspension, MitchPiper Rollcage, Sparco Seats and harness', the rest was pretty much destroyed though some engine parts could be salvaged for spares. Email me if u are interested

Dan

<font face=\"Verdana, Arial\" size=\"2\">What are the reasons that I should get into the E30 325 over a CRX?</font>
    1. You don't want to win in ITA
    2. You don't want to win in ITS