Mr Beren

I dont like the idea of someone buying my motor.

My brother used to race mini-stock with his old ITB 320i and they had a 400$ buy out rule. It would have cost us close to 1000$ to replace the engin. Not because we had done lots of stuff to the motor, but simple because a BMW engin cost more than a pinto's.

That is true for IT. The cost for different makes is astrinomical. A e36 moter cost how much more to build than a honda motor? What about the older vintage cars like the Healy? I don't want to know how much it would be to build one of those. There simply is no way to make a fair going price to sell all motor's at. That is true with in ITS and even more so if you compair ITS to other classes like ITB. An ITS motor cost how many times more than any ITC motor?

To put a price on motors would kill the diversity. I think IT is popular because several makes in each class can compeet. I built my suzuki to be different. I wouldnt be able to run the car at all because every time I would take it to a race someone would buy my motor just to sell it at some % profit. There is a reason 99% of the fields are pinto's at circle tracks and it aint cause theyre fast.

I think the system can work as it stands. The way it stands now the protester must do their homework before they file a protest, if they want to get their money back. I dont see why that is a bad thing.