I am doing a project track m3 (1995). I know what I am doing in general, but I am not building it for a class really. I am going to use it in club events, learn with it, and use it as an engineering project so i can design and build my own parts for some elements of the car. The engine will not be that fantastic, just euro hfm, cams, custom intake I am designing, 24lb injectors, custom chip, and a borla TMS race exhuast. I am going to entirely strip the interior to bare metal, have a 6 or 8 point cage put in with "X" by the doors so I can gut the doors and make some stuff in the doors (custom handles, and some carbon fiber inserts there). Also plan to have some stitch welding done to help stregnthen the chassis. For suspension I am working out what i will do, but I might have some help from KW on one of thier new race setups they are bringing over from europe to thier new US motorsports program.

I am looking got specific tips for people who have prepped E36 3 series(325/328/m3) and some stuff that specific to the car other the general tips for prepping a car. I might do some lexan on some windows, but I am not sure. I think I can get the car down to 2700lbs.

Anyone else have any comments/suggestions for me? I am still looking for a base car, but once I get it, it'll be a rather long term project as I use most of my time for Formula SAE team.

Thanks for your time, and I appreciate anyone who can help me out.

I am in NJ/NY by the way, and I need to know a good cage place around here. Other then that I am pretty sure I can do all the work myself. Suspension, exhuast, and the minor engine work I plan on doing is not too intensive, maybe just the cam work I'll have a bmw tech friend help me out, but I can do the rest i am pretty sure. I just needa good Custom cage place to help me out later next year when I need the cage/stitch welding done. Thanks again for your time