Thread: 318i in ITB?

Default 318i in ITB?

Any opinions on how a 1985 318i would do in ITB? Is there a chance for winning? Any opinions would be helpful!

zracer22 Guest

The Kryder Series is being led by a 318i ITB. http://www.kryderacing.com/krseries/itb.htm

This car is very under prepared. No coil-overs. No race prepared B&B engine. He finished 3rd this weekend at Beaverun, only a couple of tenths slower than J. Zaleski's 2002.

PS He won Kryder last year also. (his rookie season I believe)

It should work good if you stick with it and get it hooked up. Bottom line is, it will be fun and relatively inexpensive regardless.

I'm in the process of building a 320i and want to run it in ITb. I'm looking for everyones opinions.
    Originally posted by Lawrence Mansier:
    Any opinions on how a 1985 318i would do in ITB? Is there a chance for winning? Any opinions would be helpful!

What are the stock specs (HP/torque and curb weight) of the 320 and 318i? I remember when the 318 came out, the magazines pointed out that the car was better than its forerunner, even if the number were smaller...

Kirk

decent itb 318 for sale at http://www.kwyjibo.com/ispeed/raceteam/latest.htm

not my car, just know the guy selling it..

marshall
    its 325