Thread: E36 for ITS - which model is best?

Default E36 for ITS - which model is best?

Hi guys. I currently race a '91 Civic in ITC, but am planning to buy an E36 BMW for next season. My question to the BMW crowd is basically which car is best?

- The four door front-end parts are much cheaper than for a coupe (new aftermarket)so my preference would be for a four door.
    - Is there a weight difference in 2/4 door?
    - Did the is models have any engine/horsepower differences from the i models?
    - I'm assuming that the VANOS cars are preferable to the standard 92 engines.

What are your comments?

Also, what would be a good starting setup for the car in terms of springs and camber/toe?

The better bet between them is the 4 door. This is beacuse of the Aero advantage of the roofline. Notice that most all the PTG M3s were 4 doors as well. As far as the financials go regarding front end parts it would be minimal if at all.

Personally mine is a 2 door just because I couldn't find a 4 door in time to build mine out.

Also... what are you doing for a motor? Mine will be up for sale after the ARRC. You won't find a stronger legal one anywhere in the country.

Robbie
    #10 ITS E36
    Atlanta

Surely you aren't suggesting that there are illegal ones out there!

K