Thanks - this is interesting. I am playing with numbers for the IT2 thing that we are working on...

www.2litre.itgo.com

...theorizing about a process to establish minimum weights for some of the orphan cars that exist in the netherworld between A and S. My thinking is that, even though it isn't out of the 2.0 FWD mold, your 318 would be an appropriate addition to the conceptual IT2 grid.

Looking at the numbers, I would wonder how workable it would be to get down to 2600 with a 200# driver but you obviously know more about the feasability of that than I do, since you requested it. I would be interested to know how light you figure you could get your car, completely within IT rules and less driver, if you put it on a strict diet.

My current formula is designed to minimize the variance between stock and race weight among a pile of models, to spread out the ballast and stripping impositions as much as possible. It actually lands your car at almost the exact weight currently spec'd for ITA but, by comparison, leaves the '90-93 Integra RS (the A version) about 400# heavier than it is currently spec'd. The entire scale could, of course, be shifted upward or downward...

I appreciate you getting back to me. If you are interested, we would love to have you consider jumping on the IT2 bandwagon. We don't have a lot of interest on the West coast yet, which kind of surprises me, but your experience with the CB might make you a candidate since a primary cause is the clarification - and consistent use - of a transparent formula for establishing IT race weights.

Thanks again.

Kirk