Thread: e30 camber caster toe settings?

Default e30 camber caster toe settings?

I am going to start racing ITS, and I need some advice on my suspension settings, is there anyone willing to share their secret settings with me? Please!?

a good starting point:
    front 2.5 camber, leave the castor alone
    toe-1/32 to 1/8" total toe out.

rear camber 2, rear toe about the same toe in. verify with tire temps and wear patterns.
    good racing, chuck

e30 M3 Lower Control Arms have more camber and caster and are lighter...

That's all I'm gonna say...!!!

Thanks Chuck, but why leave the caster alone? I have used the ofset m3 bushings, and liked the result a bit better at high speeds 80+ is when I noticed the difference, are there rules prohibiting this?
    NRCY, thanks, but its the bushings that change geometry, not the arms, the arms made of aluminum so they are lighter, thats all.
    Thanks Guys!
    More suggestions anyone?!

Yeah yeah...

yes, run the M3 lower control arm bushings. the control arms themselves are not IT legal. with the M3 bushings, castor will be in the neighborhood of 8 degrees-that makes most people stroke! it is fine where it is stock with the M3 bushings: just make it equal on both sides when you install camber plates. (old racer's quote: castor is faster)

we should probably push denver to allow the M3 lower arms because they have much better ball joints. the bmwcca club racing site recommends changing the cast arms every two years to prevent failure. they have had problems.

while you are at it, replace the stock M3 bushings with solid delrin bushings from, for instance, korman-you will be extremely happy that you did. good racing, chuck

Hey thanks again!

I didn't know the aluminum arms were illegal; sucks, because like you say, they are much higher quality arms and joints.

As for the offset delrin bushings, I have had them on my other car, and they do work great, very solid!

Does everyone use these same suspension settings, feel free to post your settings if they vary at all.
    Thanks again!

We ran the e30 M3 and 318is for a while and lower you go the faster you go, the more of everything really works...

Aat a point with the BMW got so low that with the necessary springs the car would bounce or skip rather stick to the road... And lose braking efficiency when the camber got too much...

So, there are limits, but all you can get and balance it from back to front is good with these cars.

Some guys run really low.... Remember oversteer caused by too much front end grip is your goal, not oversteer caused by too little rear stick.

NRCY