first of all my clutch was already very worn when i got the car (its a centerforce)

so heres what happened: all was working well until im waiting in the grid for my next session at lime rock (track day). as i let out the clutch to get moving, the car lurched forward as if i had dropped the clutch however i hadent. This was odd to me but everything seemed ok. the following 20 or so minute session went smoothly and i brought the car into the paddock and shut it off.
about an hour later i started it back up, (it was in neutral), i pushed the clutch in, and had trouble shifting into reverse like i always do. as soon as the stick went into reverse, the car stalled. I then put the car in first gear, pushed in the clutch, and again started the car, it lurched forward and stalled again (with the cluth still pushed in). by this point the clutch pedal felt light and awkward. I bled the clutch hydrolics which appeared fine and the clutch pedal remained light.

It seems to me that either my clutch pedal no longer disengages the clutch, or the clutch is broke all together.
It just seems odd to me that i didnt notice the problem when i was out on the track but rather when i was starting the car afterwards.

what do you guys think? what should i check before i can assume the clutch has bit the dust.
thanks

(89 rx7 gtu)

[This message has been edited by rsx858 (edited June 16, 2005).]