Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Hoosiers that much better?

Based in part on Andy's recommendation I decided to try a set of Goodyears. Now I know why you don't see them that much. I e-mailed one dealer who advertises in SportsCar - no response. I e-mailed Comp Tire and I was referred to a dealer. Called them and they did not know what I was talking about. No response when I pointed that out. E-mailed other Comp Tire branches and got "not delivered" returns. Finally called Fla. and was referred to Mich., who turn out to be the ones that service Memphis. They don't have any tires and don't know why - "you can check the truck at the track and see if they have any." I've never had so much trouble trying to give someone my business - screw it.

FWIW after a set of Avons, I'd say they are somewhere between Hoosiers and Toyos.

------------------
    Bill Denton
    87/89 ITS RX-7
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I had no trouble getting a set from the outfit in Florida listed on the website. Very helpful had them in 2 days. Did you try them?

The tires look good, but, we had to go to 60 series tires from 50 series tires which I don't like so much. We'll have them at CMP this weekend and if they last much longer than Hoosier but stick better than Toyos then we might be on to something.

I or Jeff will report back, whichever one of us survives the weekend.

R

------------------
    Ron Earp
    NC Region
    Ford Lightning
    RF GT40 Replica
    White Jensen-Healey ITS
    Silver "Skull" 260Z ITS

Just for the heck of it, I went with Avons. I'll be able to compare them to second hand hoosiers. I'm saving my pennies so the next set will be new Hoosiers.

Of course, I'm new so I may not notice the difference!

For those running the Hoosier, do you run the 225/45/15 or the 225/50/15?

Mark
    ITS #23

Avon makes a new version for this year, last year's was not good, I ran them. They last forever but do not stick. I understand they are currently sold out at tirerack.

------------------
    Jamie Kekeisen
    86 ITS RX-7 NER
    92 325IS under construction

I ordered the Goodyears last week from Competition Tire Midwest. They said they had to order them, they'd be in by the end of the week, and I'd have them early this week. I called back Tuesday to confirm that they shipped them, and they said "oh, they didn't come in, maybe this week". They checked and no, they wouldn't be coming this week either. I canceled the order. My Hoosiers will be on the truck at the track tomorrow.

------------------
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13
    CenDiv WMR