Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1st gen class change to ITB ------ NOT!

***You are missing the ENTIRE POINT.***

Not...... At this time the car is still in ITA for year 2005.

Must be everyone is not in agreement with YOU.

David Dewhurst
    CenDiv
    ITA or IT7 1st gen RX-7 #14

Edit add on:

***These are intellegent men with differing opinions.***

Some of we racers are intellegent.

[This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited December 01, 2004).]

Dave,

I don't know what to tell you. I am in favor of the move, some are not. I can't, and won't speak for them. These are intellegent men with differing opinions.

As far as the chain letter comments above, they were generic in nature. They have nothing to do with any RX-7 letters.

AB

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    ITA project SM
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    ***You are missing the ENTIRE POINT.***

Not...... At this time the car is still in ITA for year 2005.

Must be everyone is not in agreement with YOU.

David Dewhurst
    CenDiv
    ITA or IT7 1st gen RX-7 #14

Edit add on:

***These are intellegent men with differing opinions.***

Some of we racers are intellegent.
    [This message has been edited by ddewhurst (edited December 01, 2004).]
    [img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_3.gif' border=0>

------------------
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region, R188967
    ITA project SM
    www.flatout-motorsports.com

Originally posted by ddewhurst:
    How come???????

Some of the 1st gen RX-7 owners/drivers are so bound to get reclassed to ITB when they wouldn't have any better normal chance to win in ITB than they do in ITA or IT7 from my humble observations. Do ya think that a person who finishes 5th through 10th within a group of ITA 1st gen RX-7's is going to win in ITB?

Continue the Fun
    David

"Humble" ??? errrr...nevermind....

David, the point isn't how midpack drivers place or don't place! If we classed cars THAT way, we'd have the same model in different classes!

And, I'm sorry, but it's not about where someone WANTS to race...should an entire nation of cars be in the wrong class because somebody likes the race group he's in? No.

It's about the car. It is about what a legal well prepped and well driven car is capable of. Empirical data. Is the car closer to the front of ITA or ITB????

We don't have any idea WHY the members who voted against it did as they did. Most people I have talked to, (including many ITB drivers), agree that the car is more of an ITB car than an ITA car...so...the question remains...WHY was it voted down?

Tha answer in Fastrack is clearly not effective, nor accurate, as no supporting data was given.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]

Some of the 1st gen RX-7 owners/drivers are so bound to get reclassed to ITB when they wouldn't have any better normal chance to win in ITB than they do in ITA or IT7 from my humble observations. Do ya think that a person who finishes 5th through 10th within a group of ITA 1st gen RX-7's is going to win in ITB?

David,

If "slow RX7's" are not competitive in ITB should we put them ITC? At what point does some of a car's competitiveness becomes the responisbility of the car owner/driver?

Speaking only of my situation in the MiDiv this move would have nothing to do with collecting easy class wins. For example, while I finshed 1st or 2nd in every IT7 race I was in last year - 6 wins and 2 second place finishes in class. Only ONCE in any of those 8 races did I finish ahead of the winning ITB car. In that one instance I think Mr. Albin was just being nice to me (thanks Chris, that was FUN).

So, speaking for myself, It wouldn't seem like I have all that much to gain. Why would I want to be moved to ITB????

#1 My car - which is a good car that is sometimes driven okay - cannot compete with the fast cars in ITA. Not in MiDiv and historically not at the ARRC race. You can look at the ARRC results to see that this is true.

#2 IT7 - Which was invented BECAUSE of #1 - cannot be expected to grow into Spec Miata. So, It's survival is dependent on the popularity of 1st Gen Rx7's. In 04 we had 9 cars registered in the Divisional Points Championship - not bad for us. However not that many of the drivers were active and 3 of my 6 race wins were unapposed. What happens when the subscription in this class goes down and IT7 is eliminated? I am back in ITA

#3 ITB has a greater chance for growth as new cars are classed. Wow, a chance to race against cars in my class. What a concept.

It is not about becoming a dominate car in a class. It is about quality compettion on a consistent basis.

To that end, I would be happy to run in ITA if PCA's were passed that made the POTENTIAL of an RX7 the equal of an Acura, Honda CRX, Nissan 240SX etc.

But this is just my opinion.

------------------
    Scott Peterson
    KC Region
    IT7 #17

Question? If this were to happen(the move from ITA to IT, would that be the first car to go from ITS to ITB. dave(I remenber that far back)

An interesting historical perspective, Dave. When I first looked into IT, in about '92, the 7 was in A. I had purchased an RX-3 Sp, but it wsa stolen, so that project never happened. The RX-7 looked like it was plentiful, but the data suggested an RX-3Sp should race better.

The lap record at Lime Rock was in the 1:04s in ITA IIRC.

By 97, it was down in the high 3s, and now it's a 1:01.6. Thats a pretty significant shift in the front edge of the class.

------------------
    Jake Gulick
    CarriageHouse Motorsports
    ITA 57 RX-7
    New England Region
    [email protected]