Originally posted by Knestis:
If there's a case to be made for the RX7 going to B, make it based on the physical attributes of the car.

K
I could NOT AGREE MORE!

The most I've ever heard of a legal RX-7 making from a flywheel hp standpoint was 136hp...

136hp and NO torque to speak of, tells me that the car WILL respond to weight adjustments, either + or -...

The way I see it, it would be a really nice ITB car with a appropriate amount of weight added, and shouldn't "dominate" anything.

Unless, of course, someone shows up in one that is better preparred and more skillfully driven than the other ITB frontrunners on that given day...

The ONLY hitch in that plan is the cage issue, i.e.: someone having used 1.5" x .095" tubing, but this may be something that can be worked around, or that otherwise might not BE an issue, if the BoD and CRB are able to finally work together to get the cage rules standardized, which would likely result in the Prod/GT tubing sizes being standardized for all weld-in "GT" style cages...

Of course, that may be just wishful thinking on my part, but I do think it needs to be done and I'm not alone in that thinking.

Maybe that's something that many of you could write in about and get the CRB to consider it harder...???

------------------
Darin E. Jordan
SCCA #273080, OR/NW Regions
Renton, WA
ITS '97 240SX